Chapter 9

SILAS POV

TW: Abuse

Silas's dream.

I'm making making Serena food while she does her homework.

Maria left to go to the bar and left me and Serena at the house alone.

I finish making Serenas food and put it on a plate and head over to where she's sitting at the table.

When I place her food in front of her she looks up at me and smiles.

She stands up and hugs me. I bite back a wince when her arm tightens on the bruise on my rib.

She lets go and sits back down "thank you Silas" she says.

I nod and go over to the seat that's in front of her.

I'm about to sit down until I heard the door opening. I tense. It's probably Maria.

I Look at Serena and she looks back at me.

"Stay here Serena" I say as I start to walk out of the kitchen.

When I walk out of the kitchen and head to the living room I see Maria with a bottle of alcohol in her hand and shes swaying with every step she takes.

She looks at me and anger flashes through her eyes.

"What the hell are you staring at brat" she says her words slurring as she talks.

I Look down and she starts to walk towards me. When I notice that she's getting closer I back away from her.

She grabs my arm and pushes me to the floor.

I groan as I land on the floor. I look up at her in fear.

"Please don't Serena is in the other room" I beg.

She scoffs "do you really think that I care? Why don't I go get her and make her watch hm?" She says.

"No please" I sob.

She slaps me across the face. I whimper.

Serena walks out from the kitchen and enters the living room. When she sees Maria she freezes .

She looks at me on the floor then looks at Maria with pleading eyes.

"Go to your room Serena" Maria slurs.

Serena looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"Go Serena" I say.

"Bu-" she starts but I cut her off.

"Now serena" I say.

She looks down and walks to the stairs giving me one last look before going up.

When we hear a door close Maria looks down at me and gives me a mischievous smirk.