One Shot Winner

Sterling and Valerie

By Roni Izabell Pierce

>

​This is going to be so exciting! No, wait, what if I don't like her? And what if she's perfect? She wouldn't like being with a guy like me, I'm...well I'm Sterling! I'm not the perfect person and she'll be the angel. I have to be alpha of a pack and that's a lot of pressure so I might not even pay attention to her at all! I wish Father was here, he'd know what to do.

​I had been pacing back and forth and I had probably worn my footprints in the carpet. My soul mate was driving me crazy even if I didn't know her-what if it's a guy! I cannot become a gay, no offense to gays all over the world but it did not fit me.

This person is my soul mate, the perfect other half and perfect puts on a lot pressure. Just hope she isn't perfect, but then I'll hate her!

"Sterling, you 'kay?" I looked down at Valentina and Dalton. They looked clam but just a bit worried. "You've been pacing back and forth a bit. Is there something wrong with the pack?"

"Something about the pack," I muttered under my breath. It was definitely something to do with the pack. "Why don't you go outside and do something?" I chased them out. I heard Dalton say something about calling Drew over and Valentina just shutter at the name. What was it about him that she hated? I think it had something to do with her getting caked by him or something. It would be hilarious if they ended up to be mates-what if my mate was my enemy? That would really suck. This was going to be a long day, tomorrow too.

Tomorrow, what was I going to wear? Dude, you're a dude! You do not worry about what you are going to where when you are meeting the love of your life, you probably already met her. She is in the pack after all-she is a wolf, right? I mean I have never heard of a wolf's mate being a human. What if she is, we would have no idea what to do. That would also mean she wouldn't be at my party, all the mate-less wolves will be. That would be upsetting, to meet her at an awkward moment when we meet at an unexpecting moment of our life; I might be doing something that says turn off all over me. I'd have to make sure that I do nothing embarrassing until I meet her; maybe that's what I have to do.

Then there was a knock on the door, I ran for it. I needed a distraction from this. That's when I saw the most beautiful girl at the door, at our door. I held the door frame to keep myself from falling at her feet and I tried to look cool like in the movies Valentina watches. "Hiya, I was just-"

Too late! I was kissing her, my lips-which were really chapped- crashed against her perfectly red ones. My eyes were closed and really enjoying the moment when I realized something was wrong. I opened one eye to see her eyes were wide opened. Then she slapped me.

"-not to get kissed by some random stranger!" she finished her greeting. Her hair was coal black and curled past her shoulder blades. Her skin was milky white, kind of like the way Snow White was described in the fairy tales. She was my Snow White.

"Umm..." I scratched my neck, well I was right. Meeting her would definitely be awkward and embarrassing. "I kinda couldn't...help myself." I squeaked. It didn't sound like she knew what was happening. Could she be human?

"Well, I just moved here with my mother and she told me to come up here and let the 'alpha' know, whatever 'alpha 'meant." Okay maybe she didn't know but she could still be a wolf.

"Right, tell her that the current alpha is stuck in war and that his son is taking that spot until he comes back."

"Thanks, I guess." Then she started to leave and I felt like a jerk, I kinda was in her book. I swung the door fully opened and ran to catch up to her. I reached out to grab her bare swinging arm. She stared into my eyes, and I looked into hers. They were like black ink splashing all over the place. I have honestly never met someone with black eyes, dark brown yes but never a perfect black.