[thirty six]

stumbling into the house with loaded hands, belly and Katie went straight to the kitchen to go put everything down. the four of them had gone to a couple of other stores, including a thrift store to find some on theme outfits. of course, Katie and belly were the only ones to take the retro theme seriously.

"incoming." Katie spoke out loud, not being able to see anything in front of her.

"oh my gosh, you guys." Taylor said, seeing the two girls, "where are the boys?"

belly let out a tired breath as she put down her box on the counter. "conrad is unloading the party supplies and jere is looking for anything we can use in the garage that the movers left behind."

Taylor nodded, looking through the plastic bag belly had put down on the counter with the thrift stores logo on it. "did you get me a halter top like I asked?"

belly sighed, "I looked for anything remotely retro and grabbed it." she said.

"ooh this is a cute set." Taylor said, taking out a cropped hippie halter top and a pair of white denim shorts, "whose are these?"

Katie smirked, taking the two pieces of clothing, "that would be mine." she laughed, "ya'll aren't ready for this."

"Okay, but, so, I part my teeth first and then stick my tongue out?" Skye asked, catching Katie and Belly totally off guard.

"what the fuck is going on?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, what are you guys talking about?"

Taylor shrugged, "apparently Skye's never kissed anybody." she pointed out.

"-which is completely normal and fine!" belly said, thinking that Taylor was trying to peer pressure Skye.

Katie sort of tuned Skye out as they began to ramble about wanting to know what to do when it comes time to kiss somebody. she had just started to tolerate skye, but she was still getting the ick from them.

"You want to take this one?" Taylor asked Katie, "I mean, Katie is the expert. she's had multiple relationships and flings. Mike, Jere, uh what was the other one from your home town?"

the blonde let out a sigh. "Joshua doesn't count." she said, "but-"

"what was it like kissing them all?" Skye asked eagerly, wanting some sort of advice or help, "was it different? and in what ways?"

Katie thought for a moment.

"Yeah, blondie, spare no detail." Taylor smirked, "what happened?"

Katie sighed, "my first kiss with Joshua was really... well I was drunk." she began, "then there was Mike but he like basically drugged me so that doesn't count either. But Jeremiah... oh it was perfect... it was really hot."

Taylor and belly let out laughs. 

"so, who would you kiss again out of all three?"

The blonde smiled to herself, thinking about all of the kisses in her life. none of them ever compared to Jeremiah. He was the most gentle. He was the most loving. He was everything that all the others weren't.

"I think it's pretty obvious." Taylor smirked, seeing the smile that had formed on Katie's face as she thought about Jeremiah.

"its also pretty obvious that I need a shower, so let me start getting a start on that." Katie said, wanting to escape whatever the conversation was about to turn into.

~*~

it was later in the evening when Katie was almost done getting ready. her hair had its normal bouncy curls after the help of some hair products, her outfit was on, and she was having the best luck with her mascara. well, Taylors mascara.