[twenty nine]

it was looking good for Team Belly as the games continued. Belly had beat Conrad in shoot your shot, which turned the entire aspect around. Katie was actually quite shocked when that happened, mostly because belly's specialty was volleyball. now, everyone was gathered back into the arcade so that Jeremiah and Skye could go head to head in dance dance revolution.

to say Katie was intrigued by Belly's choice of game was an understatement. in fact, Katie was worried that this was be their ultimate downfall. chasing skye to go against Jeremiah was like chasing Katie to be on your athletes team... it made no sense.

but, they had to make it work. besides, how bad could this possibly be?

"oooooh Katie!" Conrad spoke in a sing-song voice, in fact, it was almost a mischievous one, "wanna make a side bet?"

the blonde groaned, turning to face the boy, "oh lord."

Katie watched as conrad reached into his pocket, holding a twenty dollar bill. "if your team wins, you get the twenty bucks." he said, seeing an interested look on katies face, "and if my team wins, you've gotta ride the ferris wheel."

the girl help up her hand, stopping him from saying another word, "abso-fucking-lutely not." Katie protested, "me and heights, horrible combo."

"oh come on." Conrad complained, "you have a chance to win. plus, the trick to the ferris wheel is to not look down."

"easy for you to-" Katie stopped, thinking about how she could make this more appealing to herself, "if I win, I want the twenty bucks and priority choice for the movie and our dinner tonight."

conrad nodded, holding out his hand, "do we have a deal?"

"I think we do."

~*~

lets just say, Katie had too much hope for her team. sure, skye had won the dance game against Jeremiah somehow, but there was still one more race for them to do. this one was katies personal favorite aside from Mario cart: Go Cart Racing.

since the scoring was messed up with the uneven teams, all of the teens decided that for the last race, it would be winner takes all. so, it didnt matter that the boys were ahead of the girls, because if the girls were to win it would be a tied game and they would have to find one more tie breaker.

"Okay, when I woke up this morning, I did not expect to be here doing this again." Belly began one of her famous pep talks, "I used to love the great boardwalk showdown. maybe I loved it a little too much. all I cared about was if I won."

a small smirk grew on katies face. "damn right you did."

belly smirked, "oh shut it, today is about us." the girl laughed, "Taylor, you've shown up for me over and over again this year, and now im showing up for you. and, skye, I know we just met and you probably think we're alway too competitive, but our-our team wouldn't be where we are without you."

Katie crossed her arms, "how about me? do I get a little inspiration?" the blonde teased, loosening her arms and nudging belly, "come on, tell me how great I am."

the brunette smiled, putting her hand on to Katies shoulder. "and you, my aggressive blonde sister, you have been there for me since literally day one. when you channel the undeniable rage into what your doing, you're quite literally unstoppable." belly said, "And whether we win or lose, we are worthy of that giant bag-"

"Oh, you can be as inspirational as you want, belly." Steven cut her off as the boys walked past them, "We're still gonna kick your asses."

Katie took it upon herself to flip the boy off, not caring about whether he saw it or not. "shut it before I punch you so hard that you're seeing stars."