[thirty two]

sleep. 

the one thing that was almost as precious as life itself. well, in katies eyes at least.

the eight teens were scattered around the movie room of the country club, sitting in pairs since thats all a set of seats could hold. Steven sat with Taylor, Cam with skye, Belly with conrad, and of course, Katie with Jeremiah.

 it wasn't like there was any sort of conversation going on. a black and white film was playing and the lights were down low. if you were to ask anyone whether they could sleep through a movie at a theatre, they'd probably say no. or, they'd say that they could only if it was a boring movie. 

that wasn't the case for Katie though. the second she sat down in the reclining chair with the thin fabric over her like a blanket, she was out cold. the subtle static of the movie was soothing. it was like the white noises that she's heard belly fall asleep to sometimes.

"Taylor, thats gross." belly spoke from behind Taylor, watching her repeatedly stab an apple.

"no, I saw a TikTok about this." Taylor said, keeping her focus on the apple, "you just poke a couple holes so that the smoke is, uh, able to pass through and then you just..."

belly shook her head, "yeah, but you can't just- you can't just smoke random weed."

"Belly, it's not random weed." Taylor pointed out, "it's lost and found rich people weed. It's probably really good."

Conrad looked up, looking over to the two girls. "do not let sunshine hear you." he said, pointing to Katie who was fast asleep, "she is- she's too talkative when she's high."

Jeremiah looked over at his brother, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "you've see her high?"

"you haven't?" 

"wha-wait you can't smoke in here." cam Cameron panicked, eating Taylor move on to a new apple to try and make a bond out of, "the up-upholstery-"

Jeremiah sighed, standing up from his seat and looking around. "why don't we just take this outside before Cam Cameron has a stroke."

everyone agreed with the idea, now they just had to wake Katie up.

"who's it gonna be?" Steven asked, "because it sure as hell won't be me."

skye looked around, noticing how no one wanted to do the simple task of waking the girl up. "I mean, I can-"

"no." Conrad stopped her, "she already doesn't like you. trust me, this will make it ten times worse."

skye nodded, taking a few steps back. "note taken: don't wake the beast." they said to themself, "just like-"

Taylor looked over to skye for a moment, "don't use the word beast either." she said, defending Katie, "she's truly harmless, you just had a horrible first impression with the house situation."

Conrad sighed, looking around to see there was no willing contenders. "you guys go ahead, I'll handle her." he said, saluting the others, "if I don't make it out, it was nice knowing you."

with a confused look on their face, Skye looked around. "he's joking... right?"

"nope." Cam Cameron answered, knowing how scary Katie could truly be, "let's go before it awakens."

"I'll stay back too," Jeremiah said, nodding towards his brother,  "but you can still be the one to wake her up."

Conrad nodded, looking his brother with an unimpressed expression, "gee, thanks."

by the time everyone else had left the room, conrad was debating on how he wanted to wake the girl up. before he even did anything, he had to tell Jeremiah something.