[twenty seven]

Katie was walking down the stairs after chilling out from earlier, still wearing belly clothes and her bikini underneath. the sound of the doorbell ringing caught her off guard, but she decided it was best if she answered it before Julia or Skye could.

"Hi." Katie said, seeing a woman with short auburn hair, "Can I help you?"

"Sandy Denati." the woman introduced herself, "I'm looking for Julia."

Katie nodded, peeking behind her for a moment. "Right, yeah, uh, that open house is today." she said, pausing for a moment, "You know, Julia actually decided to cancel, even though she was really looking forward to it. yeah- last uh- last minute. I think she's having second thoughts."

the woman looked at Katie confusedly, "Sorry, who are you?"

"She's my girlfriend and she's right." Conrad interrupted, glancing down at Katie. "The house is not for sale."

"Conrad Fisher, right?" the woman asked, recognizing the boy, "It's nice to see you. I am sorry about your mom."

Conrad sighed, looking Sandy square in the eyes, "Well, clearly not sorry enough to pass up the opportunity to sell her house."

"I'm just doing my job."

"go do it somewhere else." Katie spoke up, "the house isn't for sale so beat it."

"ignore them." Julia spoke loudly as she ran over, "ignore them. there will be an open house today, but there does seem to be a minor problem with the AC. It died."

a smirk formed on katies face as she glanced over to conrad, even though she wanted to kill him for saying she was his girlfriend.

"That is not a minor problem, Julia." Sandy spoke, "It is supposed to hit 95 today."

Katie cleared her throat, "do you mind taking your conversation outside?" she asked, "standing here with the door open is letting whatever cool air we have outside."

Julia groaned as she led sandy outside to continue the conversation, giving Conrad the chance to close the door.

the blonde girl turned and faced Conrad with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, "really, Conrad, she's my girlfriend?"the girl asked with a laugh, "you fisher boys have a lot more in common than you think."

"you know I didn't mean it." Conrad complained, "and what about that makes me and Jere have something in common?"

"remember that party we went to on bells birthday last year?" Katie asked, "Well Mike Peters was there and Jeremiah saw us talking and pulled the girlfriend card to scare him away."

Conrad laughed, "that's because if I had found you sooner, mikes face would've been looking like yours." he said, pointing to Katies bruise, "jere is the only one who can get away with the girlfriend card with you."

Katie smirked, nudging the boys arm. "come on, you've never had a little crush on me?" she teased.

Conrad laughed as well, shaking his head. "oh please, your like my annoying little sister." he said, "that's like- ugh that makes me want to throw up."

"oh come on I'm not that bad." Katie said, "but yeah, I hated every second of you trying to play off that I was your girlfriend to get that fucking ginger outta here."

"hey, is everything ok?" Jeremiah asked as he rounded the corner into the room, spotting the two.

Katie wondered if he had heard the entire conversation. from the look on his face, there was a good chance he did. but, Katie didn't really care.

"No, the realtor just got here." Conrad said, motioning to the front door.

"shit." Jeremiah groaned, "What are we going to do?"