[seventeen]

the two teenagers laid in katies bed, Jeremiahs arms around the girl as she struggled to stay awake. he didn't blame her, with the level of comfort those hospital beds gave and the amount of sleep the girl had gotten during those two days, she needed this.

"its okay to take a nap." Jeremiah whispered to her, kissing the top of her head, "I can only imagine how tired you are."

Katie shook her head, holding back the yawn that threatened to escape. "I want to talk to you though." she sleepily protested.

Jeremiah smiled, loosening his grip around her and looking at her face. "so then let's talk." he said, "what do you want to talk about?"

Katie shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know.."

"I actually do have a question." Jeremiah began, "what the hell were you wearing at that party? that was.. like.. barely even clothes."

the girls eyes went wide.

"don't get me wrong, you looked hot," Jeremiah continued, "but outfits like that are for my eyes only."

Katie smirked a little bit, holding Jeremiahs arm that was around her. "that how girls from 'round here dress for parties." she said, "not the most protective clothing for a car accident though."

Jeremiah frowned.

"no, im serious. if I was wearing a sweatshirt and sweat pants, I wouldn't be this scratched up." Katie said, pointing to one of her scratches.

"but, hey, it looked like you had fun at the party on your snapchat story." Jeremiah said, trying to cheer Katie up.

the girl shrugged. "yeah, I guess I did have fun." she said, thinking back to the party portion of her night, "if you and con saw me though, I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it."

Katie internally cursed at herself for even saying something like that out loud, knowing Jeremiah would ask what she did that was so bad.

luckily, Jeremiah wasn't in the mood to find out what happened at the party. actually, he didn't really care that much at this point. all he cared about was that Katie was safe, and alive.

~*~

after laurel and Conrad came back from the store, and Katie had gotten her nap, Jeremiah had gone off to the kitchen to eat whatever was available. meanwhile, laurel went to talk to Katie.

When she walked in, Katie was watching a video on her phone.

"Katie?" Laurel asked, sitting on the edge of Katie's bed and handing her a bottle of water. "Can we talk for a minute?"

Katie looked up confusedly.

"Your not in trouble." Laurel made clear, letting out a small laugh, "I was wondering if you were up for a change in scenery."

The girl was still confused. "What do you mean? I can hardly walk."

Laurel sighed. "I know what's been going on here. I know you haven't been ok in a while." She began, "which is why I wanted to invite you to come down and live with us."

Katie was speechless.

"You don't have to make up your mind right-"

"I want to go." Katie cut her off.

"You do?"

The blonde nodded. "I haven't been myself in so long, I don't even know how to do it anymore."

Laurel had a gentle look on her face, nodding her head. "I don't want you to feel pressured into this. I know you like being here because of your mom."

Katie shrugged. "She never really liked it here anyways." The girl smiled, "I have a lot to pack up though.. and you don't have your car."

Laurel smirked as there was a loud beeping outside. "You sure?" She asked.

Katie peeked outside confusedly, recognizing laurels little car parked out front. "But who-"

The two could hear the front door swung open, then footsteps approaching Katie's room. As her door swung open, Steven stood there with a proud smile. "I made it!"

"You've gotta be kidding me." Katie laughed, "I was really hoping that was belly."

Steven groaned. "Oh please, she can hardly drive herself to school." He said, "and you-"

"Enough, Steven." Laurel warned.

Steven nodded, leaning against the door frame. "So, you really aren't easy to get rid of." He laughed.

Katie sighed. "I guess not."

"Jere, Conrad!" Laurel shouted.

The two boys eventually came to the girls room, looking confused.

"Help Katie pack some bags. She's coming to casa Conklin."

A/n:
Super short (sorry)

Tell a friend to tell a friend... sheeees baaaaack

I'm so sorry I haven't updated this story in like months (maybe weeks). I've been sooo busy with work and school, and I've also started another project.

Updates won't be as frequent as they used to be, especially with this weekend being halloweekend

Vote!

COMMENT YOUR IDEAS AND THEORIES (bc I have none)

And follow!