[fourteen]

It was only about another hour before katie woke up from her sleep. Without opening her eyes, she turned her head towards Laurel. "laur." She said, "do you know where my phone is? I have to text jere and tell him I'm alive."

Laurel let out a small laugh, wiping the hair from Katie face. "Open your eyes when your talking to me." She smirked, causing the girl to open her eyes and look at the woman.

"Sorry." Katie apologized, "but where's my phone?"

"Turn your head to other way." Laurel said, "maybe your solution is over there."

Obeying Laurel, Katie turned to face the opposite way. Her eyes widened when she saw Jeremiah sitting there, a smile forming on her face. "Wha-what are you doing here?" She asked.

Jeremiah laughed. "Your joking, right?" He asked, standing up and giving her a hug. "I was practically out the door the second you called, Conrad wouldn't let me come alone."

Katie smiled, hugging Jeremiah tightly.

"I'm going to go find Conrad, he just left to find some food." Laurel said, "I'm sure he's going to get lost."

When the woman left, the two teens smiled at each other.

"I'm- im so sorry." Katie apologized, hugging Jeremiah again.

The boy gave her a reassuring smile, kissing her cheek as he let her hug him. "Don't apologize to me, I should apologize for not realizing why you were mad at me sooner." He said.

Katie shook her head. "I was just- I heard about you cheating on her and I got scared." Katie admitted, "I was scared that you'd do the same to me so I just- I just ran."

"Katie..." he sighed, putting his hand on her cheek, "I didn't really ever intend to cheat on her. She cheated on me multiple times so I did it to her so she'd see how much it hurts. It was a bitch move on my part, but it shut her up."

"You mean too much to me Katie, I'd never do that to you in a million years."

Katie smiled a little bit. "I'm also sorry for leaving without saying goodbye, and for being an asshole in the phone, and for ignoring you."

Jeremiah just laughed, leaning in and kissing Katie. "It's ok." He said, "your safe, that's all that matters."

A few minutes later, Jeremiah had let Katie use his phone to log onto her Snapchat to see what was going on. People were posting about the accident, screenshots from a Facebook post with photos of the aftermath of the car, along with photos of each girl before the accident.

Captions like "pray for these girls" and "they don't deserve this" were pasted all over the photo, making Katie groan a little bit.

Most of the people reposting this were kids that hated the group. Not necessarily Katie, but the other girls weren't very liked by everyone.

"What are you looking at?" Jeremiah asked, watching Katie's eyes scan the original Facebook post, then opening the attached photo.

Katie handed the boy his phone with the photo open. "That was the car." She said.

Jeremiah looked at the photo in shock, zooming in on the left side of the car. "Holy shit." He mumbled, "katie-"

"You have some nerve showing up here." The two could hear Laurel arguing with someone outside of the room.

The arguing got louder for a second as the door opened, then went back to its original volume as it closed.

Conrad walked in seconds after, holding two bags. "You should listen to my advice more often, miss white." Conrad smirked, handing her a bag. "The doctor gave this to laur for you, it's whatever of yours they could get."