[thirty]

*flashback*

fifteen year old Katie was on a whole other level of popular in cousins. in fact, she was known by everyone that summer. every year, there was always different groups of teens who would come down to the small town, so it was rare you'd see the same person twice. that was, of course, if you took the time to get to know the person.

it was safe to say that Katie wasn't interested in that.

"Katie, hun." Christine white knocked on Katie's bedroom door, slowly opening it, "the boys are about to leave, and I really don't want to go out to drive you."

Katie stood in front of her mirror, checking her outfit one more time. she wore a pair of extremely short denim shorts, along with a yellow cropped top. her room smelt like the after math of the heat of her straightener burning her hair till it was flat and half a bottle of 'into the night' perfume from bath and bodyworks. "can you tell them to give me another minute?" she asked, grabbing her sneakers and stuffing her feet into them as fast as she could.

Christine smiled, sitting next to Katie on her bed. "Kate, you know you can tell me anything." she said, "so if you're gonna drink or smoke or kiss a cute boy tonight, tell me. I can't be mad, because I'd be a hypocrite since I did the same shit when I was your age."

the blonde girl let out a laugh, raising an eyebrow at her mother. she knew that she was exactly like her mom was when she was younger, all of the moms reminded her constantly. "I think we are all drinking except maybe Jere since he's driving us home." Katie whispered, not knowing if susannah would be happy if she overheard, "and you know how it is, there's just gotta be the right guy there for me."

the right guy would be there, it was just a very low chance that something would happen between her and him.

"well, where's this party anyways?"

Katie shrugged, thinking about it for a second. "I think at one of Connies friends houses." she said, although she was unsure, "I don't really know. all I know is that Im probably going to be watched like a hawk by the fisher boys."

Christine laughed, "no matter how mature you are, they will always watch out for you." she reminded her daughter, standing up from the bed, "and don't forget to watch out for them too, you know how this world is."

Katie smirked, hugging her mom, "you know I'm not scared to beat someones ass."

"oh, I know." Christine smiled back, "you get it from your momma."

"Katie, come on we're leaving!" one of the boys shouted from downstairs.

christine smirked, "have fun, Kate." she said, "don't kiss too many boys."

the blonde laughed, giving her mom a quick hug goodbye before heading down the stairs. she was met with Jeremiah standing there with his arms crossed. he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt with a pair of shorts, something he always worse to parties in cousins.

"its about time." Jeremiah laughed, "I had to keep the car keys so the other two didnt leave without you."

"my savior." Katie teased, following Jeremiah outside, "are we stopping for drinks?"

Jeremiah shook his head, "con and Steven stopped earlier and grabbed some."

"perfect."

~*~

evening quicky turned into night as the four teens partied hard. conrad was hanging out with some girl, Steven was with another girl, Jeremiah was hanging out with some of his friends, and Katie was talking to some guy on the side of the house.