♡ Comfort ♡

Requested by Harringtons_wife

It was a Saturday evening when I called Steve for a sleepover, I was very excited. It always felt comforting to be snuggled up in his arms for the whole evening.

I had prepared an array of snacks for our movie time. Popcorn bowls, chips, and soda bottles were placed on the coffee table, with soft blankets and pillows spreaded on the couch.

The doorbell chimed, and I practically sprinted to the door, excitement bubbling within me.
"Steve!", I exclaimed, throwing my arms around him for a welcoming hug. I stood on my toes, giving him a kiss but he didn't respond the way I expected, he just gave me a weak smile.

Concern filled my chest, but I brushed it aside, thinking perhaps he was simply tired. I brushed it off and lead him inside.

Together, we settled onto the couch, cuddled together under the blanket, our favorite movie queued up and ready to play. But as the film unfolded, I couldn't help but notice that Steve seemed distant, his gaze unfocused on the screen. His arms didn't have the same protective grip and he wasn't cracking silly jokes the way he used to.

Still, I brushed off the strange mood and cuddled with him, pulling the blanket over us. We kept watching but it didn't felt the same, he didn't laugh at the funny parts as usual, or show any other emotion whatsoever.

Finally, unable to bear the silence any longer, I switched off the TV and turned to face him.
"Hey babe, are you okay?"

"It's nothing", he said, bluntly.

"Babe, talk to me. What's wrong?", I repeated, holding his hands in mine.

He looked at me, his eyes welling up with tears.
"It's just...my parents, Y/N. They're never home anymore. They're always busy with work, parties, and their social lives. It feels like they don't even know what's going on in my life"

I frowned, wrapping my arms around him.
"I'm sorry, Steve"

More tears streamed down his face, I hugged him tightly, taking him into my arms as I stroked his hair.

"T-They don't even ask me how my day was anymore. It's like I don't matter to them", he sobbed.

"You do matter, Steve. Your parents may be caught up in their own lives right now, but it doesn't mean they love you any less"

"It sure feels that way sometimes, Y/N. I just wish they would show more interest in me", he whimpered, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"I understand, honey. But I'm here, I'm always here for you", I said, softly, tightly holding him against me.

"I know I have you, Y/N", he sniffled.
"And that means the world to me. It's just hard sometimes, y'know? I see other families and how involved their parents are, it makes me miss having that connection"

"I understand, Steve. But I'm here for you, I love you and I care about what happens in your life"

I felt his lips turn up into a smile,
"I love you too, Y/N. I'm so lucky to have you"

"I'll always be here for you, Steve. Remember that", I smiled.

He pulled away and looked up at me with a smile.
I planted a kiss to his lips, cupping his face as I wiped the tear stain on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry", he sighed.
"I know how excited you were, I just ruined your mood. You would think I am such a baby"

"Hey, you didn't ruin anything at all. I'm glad you shared your feelings with me. We can always do this another time", I assured, brushing my fingers through his hair.

He giggled, pecking me.
"That's why I love you so much"

"I love you too, now get some rest. You look tired", I chuckled.

He smiled, wrapping his arms around me. I laid on the couch as he buried his face in my neck. I stroked his hair, pressing kisses to his head until I heard his soft snores.

I pressed one last kiss on his head, before falling asleep.
"Night, honey"