♡ Anything For Her ♡

Requested by keerys_
[Hope you like it :) ]

Hopper!Reader

I was secretly dating Steve Harrington because of my dad's strict rules. When he found out that I was dating Steve a few weeks ago, he warned me that it was not acceptable in his house and he did not approve of him.

Desperate to reassure my stubborn father, I begged him to give Steve a chance and insisted that Steve was a good man who would never hurt me. But, he refused to listen and demanded that I should break up with him.

[FEW WEEKS AGO]

"Y/N!", my dad yelled from the living room.

"Coming, dad!", I walked out of the room and sat on the couch infront of him.

"What's this I hear about you dating Steve? He's bad news, Y/N. He's not the kind of guy you should be hanging out with!", he exclaimed.

"Dad, Steve is a good guy. Please trust me", I sighed.

"I am your father and I know what's best for you, Y/N. You have to stop hanging out with him. This is not up for discussion", he demanded.

"But-"
"No, buts!"

"Okay, I am sorry", I sighed, standing up and stomping to my room, slamming the door behind me.

I sat on my bed with my head in my hands, I took my telephone and dialed Steve's number, lifting the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, um, this is Y/N"

"There's something I need to tell you, Steve"

"Yeah?"

"We can't be together", I mumbled.

"What?"

"My father is very strict, and he doesn't approve of us being together. I requested him to give you a chance, but he.....I have to obey him. I'm sorry", I sighed.

"I understand, Y/N. It's okay", he scoffed.

Tears welled up in my eyes,
"I am so sorry and thank you for being so understanding, Steve", I hung up the call, not wanting to deal with this anymore.

[PRESENT]

I've been in my room for weeks, not knowing what to do.
I wanted to call Steve, but I couldn't. I didn't felt like eating, and I was getting sick.

My dad walked into my room, and saw me laying on my bed, looking very tired. He walked towards me and placed his hand on my warm forehead.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, dad. I am fine, just feeling a little sick", I said.

"You don't seem okay", he got the telephone and dialed.

"Hello?"

"Powell, I am taking a day off. My daughter's sick"

His assistant said something to which he sighed and kept the phone,
"I can't take leave. I have to catch up at work"

"I'll be okay", I smiled, nodding my head.
He walked out of the room.

HOPPER'S P.O.V

Her symptoms were a bit severe and I could not stay by her side, I was worried, so I tried to manage the situation and eventually decided to ask Steve, Y/N's ex, to take care of her.

I had no other option but to call Steve, it was the last thing I wanted to do, and I was not sure if Steve could still be trusted or not. But I loved my daughter more than anything and I needed to keep her safe.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is this Harrington?"

"Yes?"

"Steve, it's Hopper. Y/N is sick and I can't be there to take care of her. Can you take care of her?"

To my surprise, Steve straight away agreed and was more than happy to drop everything and take care of Y/N,
"Of course, sir! I'll be there right away."
After he reached, I left for work...

READER'S P.O.V

My door slowly opened as I saw Steve peeking his head inside.

"Steve?", I mumbled, sitting up.

"Y/N!", he walked towards me and wrapped me in his arms.

"Are you okay?", he whispered.

"Yeah, I am fine", I hugged him, tightly.
"Wait, why did you came? My dad won't allow you", I pulled away, frowning.

"Your dad called me to take care of you, sweetheart", he said, gently pecking my forehead.

I smiled, looking up at him as tears welled in my eyes.

I hugged him again,
"I missed you alot"
"I missed you too", he said.

"Okay, let's make you something to eat", he said, pulling away.

He stayed with me all night, cooked my favourite meals, nursed me back to health, and even read my favorite books aloud, because of him, I was feeling much better.

The next day, I woke up feeling better. I turned my head to see Steve, but he wasn't there. I got up from my bed and opened the door to the living room to see Steve and my dad talking about something. I stood back to listen, what they were talking about.

"Look, I wanted to apologize, I was just being protective towards my daughter and thought you were a bad guy and not suitable for my daughter", my dad said.

"It's fine, I understand where you're coming from, sir. But I promise you that I love Y/N with all my heart and would never do anything to hurt her", Steve said.

"That's what Y/N told me. And after getting to know you better, I realized that I was wrong", he smiled.

"Thank you for saying that, sir. It means a lot to me", I smiled, hearing their conversation.

"I know that you're perfect for my daughter, so from now it's okay for both of you to be together"

I ran to my dad and hugged him.
"Thank you so much, dad!!", I exclaimed.

"You're welcome, dear", he smiled, stroking my hair. He patted Steve's shoulder and went away to his room.

I turned to Steve, he looked at me, grinning. I giggled, hugging him tightly.

"I love you, Steve"

"I love you too, Y/N"