♡ Letters & Love ♡

Yesterday, we came to know that I had been cursed by Vecna. Everyone was always so wary of me now, but I pretended everything was okay, although deep down inside, I was afraid of leaving my close ones and Steve.

It's my last day today, we were all in the Wheeler's basement. I sat in my best friend's basement and started writing letters.

One for every loved one I had. And then one for Steve, the young man I had grown to love even with the cursed fate, that was my life.

I carefully sealed the handwritten letters, and then handed them out to everyone. I ignored their sympathetic looks as I handed some letters which I wrote for El, Will, Mike and Joyce.

And I handed the last one to Steve, not meeting his gaze as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Y/N, everything will be fine. Trust me, I will never let you go, I promise", he said, as he held my hands in his.

I pulled my hands away from his and whispered,
"Please, don't promise something that isn't in your hands"

"Y/N, please. I don't need letters. I need you talk to me, I need you to trust me, please", I looked in his soft brown eyes.

But all of a sudden, it seemed like time froze. The sky turned pitch black, covering the rays that fell through the window and everyone, including Steve, disappeared in a flash. I climbed up the stairs to find someone, but there was nobody as the room was covered in black gooey vines and spiders. I was in the Upside Down.

"HELP! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!", I yelled.

"HELP! STEVE!"

"DUSTIN! HELP! ROBIN, PLEASE HELP!", I kept yelling.

A growling, eerie voice sent chills down my spine,
"They can't help you, Y/N"

I turned to see a figure come out of the shadows. Suddenly, I felt the swirling, dizzying sensation of being pulled and right before I knew it, I let out a yelp as Vecna slammed me against the wall and the vines started wrapping themselves around my limbs and my neck.

"Please, let me go", I whispered as my voice trembled.

Tears streamed down my face as I felt his claws scrape against my cheek.

"Don't cry, Y/N. I am here to help you, I will end your suffering for a lifetime", he growled, sinking his claws into my face.

"No! Let me go. I am not ready to die. Please!"

"There is a reason you hide everything from them", he said, his other hand pointing at the wall facing me as a portal opened up.

I saw myself standing infront of Steve with my eyes rolled back and my pale body trembling. Steve shook me, trying to wake me up, his voice echoing in the upside down. I suddenly started to float in the air, everyone panicked, Steve kept yelling as I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

I had to do something--but luckily, my desperation ended up giving me the strength I needed.

I closed my eyes and channeled back to the good memories that made me feel complete and gave me the courage to fight back against this evil deity. I remembered the happiest moments I had with Dustin, Robin, Max and Steve.

I walked in the ice cream parlour and met Steve and Robin, we became good friends. I went to the parlour everyday to meet them, we hung out and had fun together.

Steve and I dancing together at the prom.

Max teaching me how to ride a skateboard.

Me, Robin and Max having fun at the Mall.

The weekends when I played DND with Dustin and Eddie.

And before Vecna could do anything else, I used all of my strength and grabbed a vine from his neck, he grunted in pain, holding his neck. I got my chance and ran towards the only escape I had--the portal.

My legs turned sore, but I kept running. Vecna used his powers as big obstacles started blocking my way. I made my way towards the portal, as it slowly came further, I ran faster.

I let out a relieved sigh as I fell through the portal and everything went black.

I opened my eyes and gasped for air as I felt myself fall onto the hard ground of the basement, I felt a pair of warm arms wrapping around me as I catched my breath.

I saw Steve appear out of nowhere, I melted into his embrace, for I knew he was my only hope. I hugged him tightly, relieved that I was in the arms of my true love.

"I thought I lost you", he said, trying to calm himself and me.

"I am alive, I am here", I assured him, my voice shaky as I hugging him tightly. He gave a kiss on my forehead, as we sat in the same position for a while.

I felt many pairs of arms wrapping around us, I closed my eyes as I knew I was safe in the embrace of my loved ones.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Credits for some parts of the story: Mrs_Queen_Styles_86