♡ Drunk Confessions ♡

I never liked going to parties, because I knew I get too drunk and say stuff that I never want to. Despite the entreaties of my best friend Steve, I tried my best to avoid them altogether. I didn't wanted to go with him, because I knew I can't handle my alcohol. I didn't wanted to tell him something that I would regret later.

Unfortunately, Steve was persuasive; and so, reluctantly, I had to go to a friend's party with him.

"Ready?", Steve asked as we were about to enter the house.

I nodded, not knowing what to say.

We entered the party, I cringed at the pungent smell of alcohol, Steve held my hand and dragged me to the counter, where all the drinks were kept.

"What will you have?", he asked.

"Umm, I'll have a coke", I mumbled.

"C'mon, Y/N! We don't come to parties everyday!", I turned to the familiar voice to see a drunk Nancy with Jonathan.

"Ohh, hey!", I smiled.

"C'mon, Y/N. A little alcohol doesn't hurt....", she whined.

I looked at Steve, unsure, he just shrugged his shoulders.
I decided to drink a very little.

At first, I drank moderately, trying to keep a level head. I knew my limits, and was more than aware of what happened the last time I drank too much. But then, Nancy coaxed me into downing a few too many shots; and before I knew it, I was completely drunk, and a total mess.

I went to the dance floor with Nancy and danced a lot, I stumbled a few times, I wasn't aware of how much I was sipping on, my head felt a little heavy, and my vision was becoming a bit fuzzy.

I walked out of the house and sat on the nearby bench outside the house, the cold air soothed my nerves as I sat there, silently. I felt someone sit beside me, I couldn't recognize who it was because I was very drunk. He had soft brunette-hair and he was very good-looking.

"I am sorry, who are you?", I mumbled.

"Jeez, Y/N. You really can't handle your alcohol", the guy beside me scoffed.

"Are you.... Jeff?", I slurred.

"I'm Steve, Y/N. And who is this Jeff?"

"I don't know", I said, looking down and shrugging my shoulders.

After a moment of silence, I spoke up.
"Jeff?"

The brunette looked at me,
"Do you have feelings for anyone?"

He looked at me for a moment, before speaking up,
"Yeah, but that doesn't matter"

"Hmm", I said, nodding.

"What about you? Do you like anyone?"

"Yeah, I do", I said with a smile.

I looked at Jeff, he had a sad expression on his face but he still smiled.
"Oh yeah? Who is it?"

As the evening wore on, I started to tell the guy how I was hopelessly in love with someone..

"He is very sweet and kind to me, and very handsome. He always cares for me and makes sure I'm okay. He had always been by my side, and I've feelings for him but I don't have the courage to confess it to him. I don't want to ruin our friendship, because he's the only one I love and I don't want to lose him", I rambled, smiling.

I turned to Jeff, who was staring at me. I couldn't make out the expression on his face,
"And who is this guy?", he asked.

"His name is Steve. Steve Harrington", I whispered.

Everything fell silent for some minutes, only the sound of the night birds and the cool air could be heard. I turned to see Jeff, who had a shocked yet happy expression on his face.

I was feeling very fuzzy and tired,
He cleared his throat, and held my hand.
"C'mon, let's go home. You're drunk", I nodded, and walked to his car.

He helped me get in the car, and drove off.

I was asleep, I felt two arms carrying me and placing me gently on a soft, cozy mattress. Before I knew, I dozed off to sleep.....

♡♡♡♡♡♡

I woke up with bright sunlight flashing into my eyes, my head was hurting as I sat up and looked around the room.

STEVE'S ROOM.

I groaned, getting up from the bed. I felt my insides churn as I ran to the bathroom. I threw up as I felt my hair being pulled back and a warm hand rubbed my back.

After I was done, I stood up and washed my face.

"Are you feeling okay?", Steve said, from behind me.

"No, my head hurts"

"I made you some breakfast and I have some painkillers", he said, bluntly, heading out of the bathroom

"Wait, Steve"

"Yeah?", he turned, facing me.

"What happened last night?", I asked, rubbing my temples, trying to soothe my throbbing headache.

I was praying that I didn't blurted something that I would regret, but unfortunately, the worst had already happened,
"You confessed that you have feelings for me", he mumbled.

My eyes widened, I was speechless,
"I-"

"Sorry", I sighed.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I-", I thought of an excuse, but there was no going back.

"I like you", I said, sighing.

"So, whatever you said last night was true?"

"Yeah", I breathed out.
I tensed up as the room fell silent,
"Look, I know you don't feel the same. It's okay, and I am sorry, just- I didn't wanted to ruin our friendship and-"

He stepped forward and held my hand in his, pulling me closer.
"Hey, don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong", I looked down.

"I like you too", he whispered.

I looked up, my eyes widened.
"Really?"

"Yeah", he smiled.

I was relieved, we smiled at each other, understanding that we felt the same way about each other.

Heat rushed upto my cheeks as I tried to hide my smile. He leaned in closer to my face, but I pulled back.

He frowned,
"Steve, I just threw up", I giggled.

He crossed his arms and pouted, frowning playfully.
I chuckled and hugged him, tightly. He smiled, hugging me back.

"As much as I'm relieved that this all turned out to be good, I'm never touching alcohol again", I vowed, giggling.

Steve laughed, pulling me closer and kissed my forehead,
"Agreed"

_______________________________________________

VOTE IF YOU LIKED THIS STORY!

AND TYSM FOR 5K READS 😭
ILY ALL ♡ 🤧

- THEDARKBLACKWOLF ♡