♡ "I Still Love Her" ♡

Disclaimer: A lot of drama, lol 😭.

Steve and I had been dating for almost a year and had grown close, but lately, I noticed Steve pulling away from me.

He seemed distant and often zoned out, I began to suspect something was wrong, though I couldn't quite pinpoint the source of his lack of interest.

We were at Nancy's house for a sleepover. Me and Steve were sitting on a couch, Nancy and Johnathan sat on the sofa beside us. Robin and Vickie beside Nancy and all the kids sat on the chairs. Johnathan stood up and walked towards the T.V, with a VHS in his hand.

I noticed Steve staring and zoning out again, I followed his gaze to see he was staring at Nancy.

I realized that this was why Steve had been acting so strange.

He still had feelings for Nancy, so I decided to confront him.

"Steve", I nudged him, causing him to snap out of his stare.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

"Okay?", he said, confused.

I grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen, standing in front of him.

"What's wrong?"

"Steve, is everything alright? You seem distant lately and I am worried about you"

"No, it's nothing, Y/N", he brushed off.

"Don't lie to me. There's something going on, and I can tell"

"What do you mean?", he asked, in confusion.

"You still have feelings for Nancy, don't you?", I asked him, trying not to cry.
It hurts me for asking him that, and I was hoping that I was wrong and he would protest at the fact that I think he still likes Nancy.

"No, I don't", he said, dropping his gaze to the ground.

"Look in my eyes and answer Steve", he stood silently and nodded his head. I quickly wiped off the tear that rolled down my cheek.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? We could've worked through it together."

"I tried to ignore it, but I can't. I think we should end this, I don't want to hurt you anymore by pretending like everything is okay between us"

"Y-Yeah", I agreed.

"I am sorry, Y/N", he stepped forward.

"It's okay, I understand. I've always wanted you to be happy, no matter who you end up with, you don't have to feel scared or guilty about your feelings." , I said, forcing a smile. But, I was hurt, I was heartbroken. I don't want to cry and show him that it's his fault.

"I think I should go", he just nodded his head.

I embraced him for the last time, I didn't wanted to let go of him, but I had to.

"I wish you the best, Steve. Goodbye", I pecked his cheek and quickly pulled away. I took my bag and walked to the front door, slinging my bag on my shoulder.

"Y/N?! Hey, where are you going?", Robin called.

"Y/N?"

I didn't respond and walked out of the door, glancing at a crying Steve.

I walked on the sidewalk, tears continuously flowing from my eyes. The cold wind cooled my cheeks and nose, I reached my house and went to my room, plopping myself on the bed, trying to forget the distressing night.