♡ "I'm Sorry" ♡

Steve and I were always together, spending time with each other.

But now, I felt Steve distancing away from me. He spends most of his time with his friends, and always forgets about our dinner plans.

Tonight, we went to a restaurant for dinner, and we barely spoke. We just silently had our dinner and drove home. I was frustrated by how he was acting lately. And that's how we had an unnecessary argument.

I sat on the couch, staring out of the window. Steve enters the room and tries to avoid eye contact.

"We need to talk", I say.

"Okay, what's up?", he asks as he made himself comfortable on the other couch.

"You've been so distant lately. You don't spend any time with me like you used to", I said, in a serious and stern tone.

"I've just been really busy with work"

"That's not an excuse, Steve. We barely talk anymore. It's like I don't even know you. You're always at work or with friends. You don't spend an hour with me", I say, irritated.

"I miss you, Steve. We used to have so much fun together", I mumbled.

"Why are you always so dramatic, Y/N?
We went for dinner, today. Isn't that enough?", he whined.

I was raging with anger when he said that,
"What do you mean by 'isn't that enough?' ?!, I barely see you in a day, Steve!"

I walked up to my room and furiously slammed the door, I sat on the corner of the bed with my head in my hands. I heard footsteps coming from outside as he barged in the room.

"Y/N, what's wrong with you?" he asked.

"What's wrong with me? Are you kidding me?!", I exclaimed as I looked up at him. He kept staring in my eyes with a frown on his face.

"You know exactly what's wrong!" I shouted.

Steve sighed and sat on the other edge of the bed,
"Okay look, I know I messed up and I don't spend much time with you, but-"

"Funny, how that seems to happen all the time. It's like you don't even care about our relationship", I interrupted, crossing my arms.

"It's not true! I just get wrapped up in work sometimes and lose track of time," he explained.

"But you always have time for your friends. Maybe if you cared about me half as much as you care about them, we wouldn't be having this argument right now!", I exclaimed.

Steve stood up and took a step forward. "You know that's not fair. You're important to me, Y/N"

"Then start acting like it!", I retorted.

"Y'know Y/N, I have to work many shif-"

"You always make it about yourself, Steve. You never listen to me!"

"What are you talking about? I try my best to understand you!"

"No, you don't. All we do is fight!", I muttered, tearing up.

"I know we fight, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you. Y'know, I love you, Y/N"

"If you love me, why can't we get along? Why does everything have to be a argument?"

He sighed, crossing his arms and looking at the floor, silently.

"Steve.. maybe this isn't working anymore", I said, as tears streamed down my cheek.

His expressions changed into an irritated look as he stepped forward.

"Maybe it isn't! Because you're the one who's not understanding! I don't know why you need to be so dramatic about everything, Y/N! You're the reason it's not working between us!", he yelled, making me jump.

"I can't keep doing this anymore", I whispered, as I took my bag and stormed out of the house.

I don't know, where I was going. It was really dark and cold. I kept walking as boiling tears continued flowing from my eyes like a waterfall.

I stumbled and leaned against a shop window, sobbing.

I sat on the ground, wrapping my arms around my knees as I hid my face and sobbed. I heard faint sounds of footsteps coming towards me.

Before, I could move, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Steve, his eyes were bloodshot red and his cheeks were tear-stained.

I looked away from him and sat there, silently. He sat beside me before speaking up, breaking the silence.

"Look, I am sorry for yelling. I know it is my fault and I am the one who is over-reacting. I should've thought about you, I can't live without you, Y/N. Please, please forgive me. I apologize, I'm really sorry for the way I've been acting lately", he said, as he wiped away his tears with his sleeve and sniffled.

I nodded before saying
"I am sorry, it's my fault too. Maybe I shouldn't have been so clingy", I mumbled.

"No, no, it's not your fault. I will never leave you alone, Y/N, I promise. Please forgive me", he takes my hand in his and looked in my teary eyes.

"I forgive you, I am sorry too", I wrapped my arms around him. I felt safe and relieved as we hugged.

"Let's just start fresh and forget this ever happened, okay?", he pulled away, wiping the tears from my cheeks as he kissed my forehead, I nodded.

"And let's make a promise to communicate better from now on?", I asked, fluttering my lashes as I looked up at him. He smiled and nodded his head.

"Of course, I love you. I promise", he said, hugging me once again.

"C'mon, let's go home"

Together, we held each other's hands and walked back home in silence, a comforting silence making us feel safe around each other.

[Thanks for 1.06K reads! Hope you like this one! Bye <3]