♡ In Your Loving Arms ♡

Disclaimer: Mentions of death, blood, sad ending.

It was a long battle, but finally Steve, Robin, Nancy, Eddie, Dustin and I had attempted to kill Vecna together. After the battle, the Upside Down started shaking.

We rushed to Eddie's trailer gate as fast as we can. We had to jump over the vines that were violently moving due to the shaking of the Upside Down.

When we were reaching to the trailer, suddenly some vines wrapped around my ankles, causing me to fall over. And before I knew, out of nowhere, some demobats severely attacked me as the vines wrapped themselves around my neck and wrists.

I screamed in pain as vines and bats attacked me violently, I fell to the ground in pain.

"STEVE!!"

"Y/N!"

My vision became blurry and my body felt so weak, I choked, trying to breath. I saw Steve killing the bats and vines, my eyes were closing as I felt a pair of arms carrying me.

"Y/N, stay awake!", Steve shook me, slightly as I tried to keep my eyes open.

STEVE'S P.O.V

We had turned to see what had happened and were horrified to see the demobats attacking her and the vines sucking out her life energy.

Eddie, Robin, Nancy and Dustin took defensive positions while I furiously pelted the creatures with whatever I could lay hands on, desperately trying to free my beloved Y/N, soon enough the vines and flying beasts all lay dead and defeated.

Carefully, I carried Y/N and ran to the safety of the real world, but it was already too late.

Everyone knew this was not good, so we ran even faster towards Eddie's trailer, knowing we were so close to getting help.

Seeing that she was on the brink of death, I quickly carried Y/N to Eddie's trailer, I constantly shook her so she wouldn't close her eyes. Eddie helped me in carrying her into the real world.

However, as we entered the real world, her condition seemed to worsen rapidly. She fell on the mattress and hissed in pain.

"Can you try to stand, sweetheart?", I asked Y/N.

She nodded shakily, trying to pull herself to her feet. I held her hand and placed my hand on her lower back.

Just as soon as she managed to get upright, her knees buckled. She closed her eyes and grunting as she tried to grab onto something, or anything to steady herself.

I catched her before she hit the ground,
"S-Sorry", she stuttered "I-"

"It's okay, love", I slipped a hand under her legs and another behind her back and carried her outside.

"It's okay, I've got you", I whispered.

Eddie, Robin, Nancy and Dustin ran for help, as I numbly, cradled Y/N in my arms, overwhelmed with the realization of just what she had endured. Knowing her condition was dire, I comforted her and tried to keep her awake.

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

Steve gently pressed a cloth to her wounds to prevent bleeding.

"Steve?", Y/N called, in her hoarse voice.

"Yeah, Y/N, I'm here"

"I don't think I'm going to make it. I-It h-hurts ", she whimpered, her eyes getting heavier and she turned pale.

Steve frowned, cupping her cheek,
"Hey, hey, don't say that, you're going to be okay. We'll get you help. Y/N, please hold on."

"GUYS, QUICK!", he yelled as he turned back to her.

"N-no, we both know that's not true", she took a deep breath.

"Just hold on a little longer, please", he pleaded.

Her whole body ached,
"It r-really hurts", she frowned.

"I know, sweetie. I know", I cradled her, gently.

"P-Promise me one thing?", she asked, the setting sun illuminating her pleading eyes.

"P-Promise that..when all of this is o-over, you'll allow yourself to l-love someone else a-again", she gave him a weak reassuring smile.

"No, no, no don't say that, please. You will be okay"

"Please....p-promise me?", she said, as she fluttered her lashes to look up at him.

Tears formed in his eyes,
"Y/N...."
"Please, Y/N. I don't want to lose you"

"Y-You won't lose m-me. I'll always be with you. In your heart, in your memories", she said, cupping his cheek and blinking back her tears. It was hurting her to leave him.

"P-Promise me, Steve"

"I...I p-promise", he stuttered as tears rolled down his eyes.

"I am so sorry, it's all my fault", he mumbled.

"Shh, i-it's not your fault", she said, pecking his hand.

"Y-You have been amazing through all of this. Y-You have been my rock, honey", she lifted her hand to his cheek, wiping away his tears, her other hand holding his hand, squeezing it gently.

"I- love you, Steve. And I always will. You were the best thing that ever happened to me. T-Thank you", she was looking gaunt and weak, but even in her frail state, she managed a small smile.

"I love you too, Y/N. I love you so very much, my dear", he said, gently kissing her forehead. He tucked her light brown hair behind her ear.

She tried to smile cheekily, she coughed as Steve gently rubbed her back. Even though she was wounded and fading, her eyes shone with the same passion they had shared since the day they met.

There was a moment of silence as both of them gazed at each other, lovingly.

Her eyes never leaving his gorgeous-worried face. Steve stared at her beautiful face, lovingly.

He didn't wanted her to leave, he wanted her to be with him forever. He loved her so much, how she always stared at him with her lovingly. They were made for each other, they understood each other like no one else could, they cared for each other and went through everything together. Steve felt so lucky that he got someone like her, who would support him through good and bad. They would always rush to each other whenever they need someone to talk to and they trusted each other with their deepest secrets. She was everything he wanted, she loved her so much like no one else could. And now, all he wanted was her to be okay and safe.

Steve felt Y/N's hand loosening from his grip and the other hand on his cheek, fell onto his lap. And with that, she gave him a lovely smile before taking her last breath and her eyelids droop closed.

"Y/N? No, no, hey, Y/N, wake up. Please, stay with me. Don't go, c'mon wake up. Please, don't do this", tears flowed from his eyes but she didn't move.

He held her lifeless body close to him and sobbed.
"I am sorry, Y/N. It's my fault, I am so sorry. Come back, don't do this to me!"

"Steve! We found a car! We can get her help!", Dustin and everyone came running.

"Hurry, help Harrington carry her to the car!", Eddie said to Nancy and Robin.

They saw Steve sobbing with Y/N in her arms,
"Steve?", Dustin whispered, kneeling next to Steve.

"Oh, no"

Robin, Nancy and Eddie crouched in front of Steve, tears streamed down their face as they realized they were too late.

Robin hugged Nancy as she broke down in sobs, as she looked at her best friend's motionless body. Eddie comforted Dustin, seeing him sobbing.

Steve was sobbing, uncontrollably, the group pulled him into a group hug, he was devastated by the loss of Y/N, he stayed with her until the grim darkness cast its final shadow, his gaze firmly set on the stars as he reminisced with the memory of his one true love.

"Please, Y/N. Come back"