♡ Stay By My Side ♡

Hargrove!Reader

Disclaimer: Slight mentions of abuse, (Depressed Reader), Very high mentions of self harm, mentions of blood.

Day by day, you were falling deep into darkness. You had no one except Steve. You would sit in your room everyday doing nothing.

Billy died in the Starcourt Mall incident, Neil left you, Max and Susan after his son died. Susan and Max returned to California, and you stayed in Hawkins.

Billy's death traumatized you. Your brother was your everything. He always protected you from your abusive father. Whenever Neil tried to hurt you, he would always protect you. He was always protective towards you, always made you happy whenever you were sad and was always there for you. He never left your side, he was the only person you trusted with your whole heart.

After his death, you hid yourself in your room and cried, distancing yourself from everybody. You missed him a lot. Nancy and Robin tried to cheer you up by taking you outside, but you refused. They were getting worried for you.

Now you did not have anybody except Steve. He was everything you had. He always came to check on you, made sure you eat and sleep properly and he was really worried for you. He also told you that you can call him anytime whenever you aren't feeling good. You did called him over, but you felt bad that he used to leave his work and come over to your house. You hesitated to call him everyday.

Months went on, you didn't leave your room. You wanted someone by your side, tears streamed from your eyes as you sat on the bed with your hand wrapped around your knees.

You slowly got anxious, more and more anxious. You took your telephone with your shaky hands. You were hesitating to call Steve, you threw your telephone on the bed as tears rolled down your eyes.

You couldn't take it anymore, you took your pocket knife and slit the skin on your hands. The pain was a distraction. But before you knew, it went deep inside your forearm, causing the blood to drip out badly.

You panicked, you started to dial Steve's number with your trembling hands. You looked down at your arm again to see pool of blood on the ground. You took some tissues and pressed on the wound, tightly. But it didn't stop, as it soaked the tissues in blood.

Before you could do anything to stop it, you fell on the ground weakly, holding your arm with your other hand. Black clouds appeared your vision, and then everything went black....

STEVE'S P.O.V

Finally, my long shift ended. I drove to Y/N's house to check on her. I reached her house, and took out the spare keys from my pocket. I unlocked the door and entered.

"Y/N?", I called.

I went up to her room, my heart stopped at what I saw. Y/N was unconscious on the ground, a pool of blood around her.

"Y/N!!!", I yelled as I ran to her, I knelt down and held her body in my arms.

"Y/N, what did you do?! C'mon, wake up!!", I shook her.

"Y/N, wake up!! Please, it's not funny!!"

I saw the cuts on her arm so I quickly carried her and ran to my car.

I sat her down on the passenger seat, and quickly got in the car, driving it to the hospital.

I kept glancing at her, she turned pale and her hand kept bleeding. I quickly drove to the hospital and carried her out. The nurses took her in, as I sat in the waiting room. Holding my head in my hands, I tried to control my tears.

I couldn't stop her, she didn't came to me. Tears rolled down my cheek as I realized I failed to take care of her. The doctor walked in the waiting room.

"Are you Miss Y/N's relative?"

"Yes, I am her boyfriend", I said, quickly standing up.

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, you brought her in time. She's out of danger, but she needs to stay in the hospital for a day so that we can see if she's doing fine", I let out a relieved sigh.

"How did she got hurt?"

"I just came home from work and I saw her on the ground unconscious and bleeding. So, I quickly got her here", the doctor kept a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry. She's fine"

"Can I see her?"

"Yes, you can. Follow me"

I followed the doctor as he led me into the room.

"Call the nurse if you need anything and don't worry. She'll be fine", the doctor smiled and left.

"Y/N?", I whispered, she was sleeping peacefully.

I sat on the chair next to the bed and held her hand in mine.
"Please, wake up. Please", I sobbed.

READER'S P.O.V

You slowly squinted your eyes open as you saw the white walls and the bright lights. You felt a warm hand wrapping itself around yours. You turned your head to see Steve sitting beside you. He was looking miserable, his eyes were red and swollen and his cheeks were tear-stained.

Then, you slowly remembered everything.

"St-Steve?"

"Y/N?", he looked up in your eyes. He was looking really hurt.

"What the hell was that, Y/N!?"

"I-I was scared, Steve"

"Why didn't you tell me, I thought you trusted me", he scoffed, wiping his tears.

"I just can't do this, anymore. I don't have anybody, Billy is gone. I am all alone and I-I don't know what to do. I am tired of everything. I can't do it, Steve. I want to get rid of everything", you said, tears brimming your eyes.

"Hey, I am sorry for yelling. I just wanted you to tell me everything. I want you to trust me, I will always be there for you, no matter what. Please, promise me you won't do this stupid and dangerous things, Y/N"

"I promise, Steve", you said, squeezing his hand.

"I am really glad that you're safe, Y/N. I would have blamed myself for all this"

"It's not your fault, I am sorry"

"Please, tell me whatever you feel. I don't want you to think that you're alone", you nodded.

"And also, I will be staying at your house so that you don't do anything like that again", you smiled.

"Thank you, Steve. I don't know what will I do if I didn't have you", you wrapped your arms around him.

"I am never gonna leave you, okay love?", you nodded, smiling.

You pulled away as he gently pressed your forehead against yours.

"We'll go through this, together. I promise, I will always be there for you", tears fell from your eyes. He gently wiped away the tear as you pressed your lips against his.

"I love you so much, Steve", you smiled, softly.

"I love you too, Y/N. And always will"

(Hii!! Hope you liked this!
See ya soon <3)