♡ It'll Be Okay ♡

Disclaimer: Grief and Mentions of death.

Munson!Reader

I was in the high school gymnasium, my heart pounding in my chest. The recent earthquake had shaken Hawkins to its core, leaving destruction in its wake. Almost everything was destroyed including shops and trailers.

I was terrified, not only for myself, but also for my beloved brother Eddie. He had been accused of a murder he didn't commit and was now on the run, hiding somewhere to stay safe from the authorities. Our uncle didn't know about this as he was out of town to meet his friend and would only return after a month.

I felt terrible for Eddie, he didn't do anything wrong but was falsely accused just because he played a weird board game that had monsters in it, everyone thought that he was some sort of satanic freak who was murdering people.

Thankfully, he had a really nice group of friends who helped him with everything while he was on the run.
I got to talk to him through a two-way radio because of them, it calmed my nerves knowing he was safe and sound.

But now, the fear in my heart grew with each passing moment as I was worried about what would happen if the cops found him, I haven't seen his friends in a while, which made me more anxious.

As I sat there, glancing around the huge hall and hundreds of people in the gym, my thoughts consumed by worry.

A tap on my shoulder startled me. I turned cautiously, revealing Dustin and Steve, two of Eddie's friends. Their familiar faces brought a small glimmer of comfort in me amidst the chaos.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Dustin asked, concern etching his voice while Steve stood their observing me.

I shook my head, tears welling up in my eyes.
"No, I'm not. I'm scared for Eddie. I don't know what's going to happen to him. What if the police finds Eddie?"

Their faces fell, Steve glanced at Dustin who nodded his head and went away.
Steve stepped forward, placing a reassuring hand on my trembling shoulder.
"Y/N", he whispered gently, his voice filled with compassion. "It's about Eddie"

I snapped my head to look up at him,
"He was with us when the earthquake hit"

I felt a glimmer of hope inside me as I spoke up,
"Where is he now?"

I looked up, waiting for him to say something. He gulped, taking out Eddie's guitar pick from his pocket.
"I... I'm so sorry, Y/N. But he didn't make it, he's gone", his voice cracked.

As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt as if the world had crumbled beneath my feet, leaving me suspended in a dizzying void of grief. I took the chain from him and stared at it, numbly, trying to process what he just said.

It finally hit me, my heart felt like it shattered into a million pieces. Eddie had been my rock, my only family other than my uncle. Without him, I felt lost and alone in the world. He was the only one I relied on, I trusted him and nobody else. I wasn't able to remember the last time we had a proper conversation, it all just happened so quickly.

I looked up at Steve as tears streamed down my eyes, the shock wore off. My legs turned into jelly and my knees buckled. I stumbled backward, feeling the need for something solid to hold me up. Steve reacted instinctively, and enveloped me in his strong embrace.