♡ Birthday Surprise ♡

Summary: It's your birthday tomorrow. You wanted Steve, your partner to remember it.

(In the car)

You were in Steve's car as he was driving to your house after work. You were upset, because it's your birthday tomorrow and Steve doesn't even remember.

You sat in the car, head sticking to the window and faintly humming 'Every Breath You Take' by The Police. You were really sad and didn't even wanted to talk to him.

He glanced at you, all upset and sad. He knew it was your birthday tomorrow, but he wanted to give you a surprise. His heart ached seeing you like this, but he kept it to himself because he knew that staying silent would be the best.

You were really annoyed and a bit furious towards Steve, you decided to give him a hint. You sighed and turned to him.

"Hey, Steve"

"Yeah?", he glanced at you.

"Do you remember what day is tomorrow?", you asked, hoping he understands.

"Uhh...?", he trailed off.

"Seriously, Steve!?", you glared at him.

"Uhhh, wait. I remember!!", your eyes lit up, slightly.
"Tomorrow is our day off from work!!, we can sleep in tomorrow!!!", he said, trying his best to stifle his laughter after looking at your annoyed face.

"Ok, enough. Shut up", you sighed.

He shrugged his shoulders and let out a hum in response. You reached at your house, you didn't even turn to Steve and walked outside the car and slammed the door.

He was a little sad, but he knew you would be happy after he surprises you.

You ran in to your room and buried your face in the pillow, you were really furious at Steve.

Steve didn't wanted to see you like this, so he sat in the living room.

After some while, you slept. Steve came to check on you and saw your face buried in a pillow and could hear your silent snoring, he smiled as he removed your shoes and socks and placed you in a comfortable posture. He laid beside you and gently pecked your cheek, wrapping an arm around your waist and he dozed off to sleep.

(The Next Day)

You woke up to see Steve silently snoring beside you, his arms draped around your waist. You looked at his peaceful face and smiled, you thought 'Maybe I am the one who is acting selfish. Why should he be the bad person. It isn't his fault. Infact, he works hard and cares a lot for me and that's more than anything.'

You pecked his cheek, as his eyes open, squinted. He smiled, as you smiled back.

"Morning, hun", you smiled.

"Morning, dear"

"Umm, I am sorry for yesterday, I talked in a rude way and I shouldn't have done. I was just really tired", you said, a little bit of guilt in your eyes.

"Its fine, sweetheart. I totally understand", he smiled as you nodded.

Then, he remembered the part of his plan.
"Hey, uh, we are out of groceries, let's get ready and get the groceries"

"Okay", you smiled.

You both got ready and walked out of the house. You and Steve sat in the car as he drove off. He turned on the radio as 'The Perfect Girl' by Maurex started to play.

You noticed Steve driving in a wrong direction.
"Steve, we are going the wrong way. The store is on the right", you said, confused.

"Uhh, we are going to another store", he said, slightly cringing at his weird excuse.

"What?", you asked as your dumb brain couldn't understand what was going on.
(Uhh, an author's note to the readers. Please don't take the comments seriously. It's just an imagine.
Thank You :)..)

"Just wait", he said, you nodded.
You saw the 'Leaving Hawkins, Come Again Soon' board as the car drove past the board. You were literally confused.

"Wait, wha--???", you turned to him, he didn't reply, just smiled.

Soon, he stopped the car as we both walked out, you didn't knew where you were. You looked at Steve for an answer. He gently grabbed your hand and walked. You followed him.

After a few minutes of walking, he closed your eyes.
"What are y--"

"Just trust me, Y/N", you nodded slightly, in confusion.

Then, he carefully helped you walk as you both walked a few steps and be stopped you.

"Okay, Y/N. We are here", he said, opening your eyes.

As you slowly opened your eyes, you saw the beach, and a light pink tent with a mat outside. There were candles,  white and pink roses and a cake.

"Happy Birthday, Y/N!!", he said as your eyes lit up. You hugged him, tightly. Your heart melted at the moment.

"Thank you so much, Steve. This means a lot", you said, nuzzling your face in his shoulder. Happy tears running down your cheek.

"Of course, dear. You are my everything", he said as you pulled away and gave him a peck on his cheek.

He held out his hand, which you happily took. You both sat on the mat.

"Let's cut the cake", he said.

You smiled and nodded, happily. You sliced the (Y/F/F) cake and picked up a piece and reached your hand to his mouth. He took a bite, taking the piece from your hand and reaching his hand towards your mouth. You grinned and took a bite.

"You know, I was so annoyed that you didn't remember. But you did, I am really sorry for yesterday, Steve", he took your hands in his and chuckled.

"Its alright, Y/N. I was not happy seeing you like this. But I knew you would like this surprise, so I tried my best to keep my mouth shut", you chuckled.

"Like??, I love it!!", you hugged him again. He laughed a little.

"You are such a little child", he laughed.

"But, y'know Steve. Even if you just remembered, I would be happy, you didn't have to so much. I know, you work really hard for me", you said, pulling away and looking in his eyes.

He smiled.
"You are really special for me, Y/N. You support me in every thing and you care for me. I am really grateful to have someone like you. You actually deserve this", he said, wrapping an arm around as you both sat beside each other. Enjoying the sunset and the calming ocean waves.

"Even I am grateful to have you. You do a lot for me, I love you so much", you said, as you pressed your lips against his.

"I love you too", he said. You pulled away and wrapped you arms around him, resting your head on his shoulder.

You and Steve spent the day in each other's arms... enjoying the peaceful sunset and the beautiful waves....

(Guyssss, I hope you liked this chapter...I am sorry because there are so many mistakes in this chapter!!!. I mean, sorry for so many timeskips and for dragging the story, also the surprise plan was not that good. And I added 'The Perfect Girl' because I love that song. I know its not an 80s song but I added it to the story...hope you liked it. See ya soon!!)