♡ Friends Who Love Each Other ♡

Steve and Y/N had been best friends since they were teenagers; sharing the same interests, always opening up to one another with ease, and helping each other through the most difficult times. They both felt something deeper for each other, yet they kept their feelings hidden out of fear of being rejected or ruining their friendship.

STEVE'S P.O.V

Y/N had been my best friend for years, we grew up together. She supported me through my bad times, took care of me whenever I felt sick and she could understand me by a glance. I've always thought of her as my best friend, but as we grew up, I realized I was in-love with her. She was everything I needed, she's so caring, kind, loving and very brave when it comes to protect her loved ones.

Each passing day, I fell for her deeply. Whenever I look at her, I get lost in her twinkling-brown eyes, her sweet and charming smile and her soft voice.

I wanted her to be mine, I wanted to confess my love for her. But I couldn't, I didn't wanted to ruin our years of friendship with 3 words. I wanted to know, if she feels the same. I tried to give hints, but she thought that I was flirting with her, jokingly and she brushed it off. We had shared a kiss at a party once, but she never talked about it later.

I was convinced that Y/N doesn't feel the same, so I finally made the decision to move on.

Her name was Brenda, a girl who I met at the video store. I asked her out on a date and she accepted, I wasn't excited or something. I wasn't sure that I liked her or the date would go perfect because a part of my heart still belonged to Y/N.

In order to make sure nothing would go wrong during this upcoming date, I called Y/N in a panic and asked her to help me pick out the perfect outfit.

READER'S P.O.V

I was sitting on my couch, reading a book when my telephone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey, umm, N/N. It's Steve", I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Hey, Steve. What's up?"

"Can I ask you for a favor?"

I sat up straight, placing my book on the table,
"Sure, what's up?"

"I-I have a date tonight with Brenda, and I need your help picking out an outfit. I-I don't want to mess this up", he rambled.

My face gloomed and I zoned out,
"Y-Y/N?"

"Yeah, okay, of course! I would be there in 10!"

"Sounds good. See you then", he said, and hung up.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

I wasn't feeling good knowing he was going on a date with some girl, I wanted it to be me. I had feelings for him but it's so hard to confess. What if I ruin our friendship?

I don't want to tell him, because I know he doesn't feel the same. And I'll be rejected and heartbroken, not only that, I will lose my best friend, my love, my everything.

But I've to help him, I am his best friend and I'm supposed to help him and support him with whatever decision he takes.

I got my jacket and my keys, slipped my shoes on and got in my car, driving to Steve’s.

I reached and walked towards his front door, taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door.

He opened the door,
"Hey"

"Hii", I mumbled.

"Come in", he said, stepping aside for me to enter.

I entered his house, he took me upstairs to his room. He sat on the edge of his bed while I searched for a good outfit in his closet.