♡ Always & Forever ♡

Requested by keerys_

[Hope you like it :) I know this isn't similiar to the request but I tried. So, I will see if I can upload more stories and I will try writing it long!
Enjoy!!]

Hopper!Reader

STEVE'S P.O.V

I had been with Y/N for years, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I had been planning to propose Y/N for weeks.

I was so nervous but excited, Y/N and I had been together for almost two years, and I could think of no better way to express my love than to get down on one knee.

It was time to propose, but I wanted to make it special.

I called Dustin to help me, he called Mike, Lucas, Will and Max to help me plan this perfect proposal.

We decided to first meet Y/N's sister, Eleven. I thought that it would be best to ask El about Y/N's likes and dislikes in order to make sure I get the best proposal location.

We drove to Y/N's house in the morning, when she leaves for work. We knocked on the door, El opened it and looked at us in confusion. She smiled, when she saw Mike.

"Hi, guys"

"Hey, El. We need your help", Dustin said.

"Okay", she opened the door wide.

We settled on the chair as El came and sat beside Mike,
"So, umm, El, I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I want to propose to Y/N", I said.

"Oh my god, that’s amazing news!", she smiled.

"Thanks, but the thing is, I have no clue on how to do it. And that’s where I need your help"

"Okay", she giggled.

"So, I’ve been thinking of a good place, but I’m not sure if they’re good enough, do you know what's her favourite place?"

"I think her favourite place is the Lover's Lake, she goes there for a walk, every week"

"Okay, great!"

"And how about we decorate the place with lights and polaroids? She'll love it!", Max suggested.

"That sounds amazing! It’s a unique idea", El agreed with Max, she smiled at her best friend.

"Yeah, so we need to make a surprise plan", I said.

"It's simple! El asks Y/N to take her for a walk at the lake, and when they reach, boom!! surprise!!", Dustin exclaimed.

"Perfect! That’s a beautiful idea", Lucas stated.

"Yeah, okay, so we'll go to the store tomorrow and get everything"

After everything was planned, I dropped everyone to their houses and drove to my house, planning for tomorrow.

The next morning, we went to a jewelry store where we picked out a perfect diamond ring with Eleven and Max's help.

With the ring safely tucked away, we headed off to lights and decorations shop.

I bought the golden lightings, balloons and some other stuff. Johnathan helped me with the polaroids.

According to the plan, El went to her house waiting for Y/N to come home, we went to Y/N's favourite place by the lake and started to decorate it with lightings and polaroids.

Max, Dustin and Lucas decorated the polaroids, while Mike and Will helped me with the lights and other decorations.

The time was finally approaching, I was a bit nervous, I kept fixing my shirt, nervously. Dustin placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a toothless smile,
"You can do it, buddy", I nodded, running my hands through my hair.

Finally, it was time for El to bring her out and lead her to the decorated spot.

READER'S P.O.V

I reached home after coming from work, I freshened up and sat beside El, watching T.V. I noticed her glancing at the clock, she switched off the T.V and turned to me.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go out? I am bored"

I glanced at the clock, 9:05 pm
"At this time?"

"Yeah, please. I want to get some fresh air"

"Okay", I sighed.
"Where do you wanna go?"

"Let's go to the lake"

"Okay", I got my keys and my jacket and got in my car with El, driving off to the lake.

It was a cool night, the moon was shining brightly; we reached as we got out of the car and walked towards the lake.

I felt the cool air hit my bare skin and face.
"Its very chilly, isn't it?", I asked El, tugging my jacket.

She didn't say anything, I turned to look at her, she wasn't there.

"El?", I looked around but she was nowhere to be found.

"Eleven?", I called.

Suddenly, lights flashed infront of my eyes, I squinted my eyes to see trees decorated in beautiful lights, I walked closer to see a trail of lights leading up to the area, where a big heart made out of polaroid of me and Steve decorated with golden lights and glitters. I stared at them in awe.

A polaroid of us at the park, I was on the swing beside Steve with my eyes closed as he kissed my cheek.

Steve and I making silly faces.

A picture of us at the prom.
At the fair.
In the snow.

And many polaroids....

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder as I turned around and saw Steve standing there, nervously.

"Steve?", I smiled.

"Y/N...", he breathed out, taking my hands in his.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you for weeks", he said, nervously.

"What is it?", I asked, smiling.

"I-I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy.
Y/N Hopper, will you marry me?", he asked, pulling out a blue velvet box as he got down on one knee.

"Yes!!", I exclaimed, happy tears brimming my eyes.

He beamed, getting up and sliding the gleaming diamond ring onto my finger as I heard cheers coming from the bushes.

Dustin, Lucas, Will and Mike cheered in excitement as Max and Eleven squealed as we kissed each other under the twinkling night sky.

"I love this, Steve. Thanks a lot", I smiled, nuzzling my face in his shouler.

"The kids helped me", he smiled.

"Thank you, guys! I love this!"

"You're welcome!!", they yelled and cheered as they ran to hug us.

The beautiful night ended with a big group hug and some happy laughter....