Bring her back

Numb!

He felt numb. Staring at his hands covered in the thick red fluid, he couldn't feel anything. Their trip to the hospital was nerve wrecking for him. He sat beside her in the ambulance refusing to leave her hand. He kept whispering sweet nothings into her ear to keep her awake. Everytime she tried to close her eyes he would feel like loosing his sanity.

Arriving at the hospital, the emergency team quickly took her inside. He ran along with them, not leaving her side. The moment they were about to take her into the operation theatre he panicked. He didn't want to leave her alone. He was about to shout but a painful whimper from the love of his life caused him to realize what was at stake. With a heavy heart he let go of her hand as he saw her being rushed inside the OT.

He sat outside on a bench as he stared at the blood on his hands. It felt like a dream, a horrible dream. One moment he was talking to her about his feelings, secretly confessing his love for her then he saw her in the middle of the road laying limp, lifeless with her face devoid of her smile.
Please tell me I'm dreaming! Please! This is not happening!

He quickly stood up when a nurse hurriedly came out of the OT. He fastened his pace and blocked her way.
"I-is is okay? She is going to be alright?"

"Sir, please let us do our job. We are trying our best. Too much blood has been lost and we might need to perform surgery-"

"Do it. Do anything. Just bring her back. Wait. Which doctor is incharge here?"
He finally took the time to notice the interior of the hospital." Which hospital is this?"

"City hospital and please excuse me." She left quickly.

"City hospital? Wait. Wait. Wait. I know a doctor." He felt his pant pockets only to find them empty. He cursed out loud. His phone must have been dropped in the parking lot.

Seeing the same nurse coming back to the OT he stopped her again.
"Wait. Which doctor is incharge of this case?"

"Sir, you are wastin-"

"JUST FUCKING ANSWER ME!" She flinched hard.

"Mr.Li-m Hanbin."

"No. I need the best. Where is Mr.Jung? He works here right?"

"Yes, sir. But he is in a meeting outside the hos-"

"Fuck the meeting. Give me a phone I'll call him right now." He demanded stretching his hand out.
She hesitated by eventually gave him her phone. She saw him aggressively type on the phone. He placed it against his ear as he waited impatiently.
When the person on the other side picked up he didn't let him speak.

"Mr.Jung I'm Park Mujin. Leave whatever you are doing this instant and come here right now- I don't care if its an important meeting. A person very important to me is in a critical condition and I need the best to assist her- This is a fucking emergency. Put this case on top priority."

He did not wait for a reply and hung up. Passing the phone to the nurse he walked back to the bench. Mr.Jung wasn't that far from the hospital building and the doctor or nurses inside will take a few minutes to examine her injuries. He would be here by then.

Mujin tapped his feet on the floor as he kept glancing at his watch. Ten seconds felt like a lifetime. He groaned thinking what was taking that man so long.

Park Mujin being serious was a rare sight. The way he talked on the phone made the doctor realise that it was a do or die situation. If he's late he'll definitely die. The man rushed back to the hospital.

He jogged to the OT as he panted hard. He examined the place. His eyes fell on a young man with his head hung low blood staining his hands and shirt. He sighed loudly and walked towards him. Mujin too stood up at the sight of the doctor.