Downfall

Yoona slumped down to her knees as she tried to imagine the future. She didn't know her actions could affect her father too. She felt like banging her head on a wall. No one, not even a single soul had ever questioned Kim Jin Wook. Everyone had nothing but praises to offer him but the only mistake he ever did was cover up his daughter's wrong doings and giving her one chance after the other.

Yoona took those chances for granted.

And now it was too late. She could not do anything to make things better. Seeing the disgust and hate in Jaison's eyes made her shiver. It felt like someone had dropped a bucket of ice water on top of her head to wake her up from her day dream.

She ruined it. Didn't she?

She ruined the only relation she cherished by heart. A relation where there were no expectations, no pressure, no give and take, just goodness and serenity.

"I have one last question to ask you, Yoona." Jaison whose back was facing her turned around to see her laying lifelessly on the floor. She didn't have the energy to even lift her eye lashes. She simply waited for him to speak further.

"Why Ms.Ara's car out of all the people?"

She gulped hard realising her next words will make him hate her more.
"She- she used to give me updates about y-you and h-her." Her chest ached." When you first started looking for a maid I sent her to you so she c-could keep an eye on her. I offered her enough money in return."

Yoona came to know about Jaison's deal with the LAVO industries through Ms.Ara. It wasn't Jaison who told her everything related to their marriage. Yoona had also instructed her to create as much distance as possible between the couple. Ms.Ara would always interrupt them if they were trying to get close anywhere except their bedroom.

"She wasn't involved in that accident. We told her to give her car as I couldn't use any of mine."

Jaison scoffed. Was she finally realising that there existed a thing called humanity?" Doesn't mean that she is innocent. She'll also have to pay."

Jaison turned away.

"Jaison, I'm sorry." Her voice died down as she choked on her own words and began crying into her palms.

Her heartbroken voice did not faze him rather it irritated him further. Why cry now when the deed is done? Where was her sane side when she was going to take the life of an innocent? He clenched his jaw and glared at the other woman in the room.

"Last time I let you off the hook for betraying me, not this time. This time you'll be the one who'll rot in misery." Mirae backed away in fear.

"This isn't you, Jaison." She whispered.

"Yeah, I'm not that old piece of Shit. I changed for the better."

..........

"How is she, Mum?" He asked in concern. It had been two hours since he left home and those thoughts were crawling back to eat his brain. He wanted to keep her infront of his eyes forever.

"She is fine, sweety. Still in deep sleep." Mrs.Kim said through the phone as she caressed Akira's head lovingly. He sighed in relief. He vowed to go back home before she wakes up.

"Take care of her for me, Mum." He spoke gently.

"She is not just your wife. She is something to me as well, Jaison. Don't worry. She'll be fine." She chuckled.

"Hey, mum. Some police officers will come to arrest Ms.Ara. Let them. Okay?"

"What!? Why her?" Mrs.Kim asked in bewilderment.