Fright

Akira casually roamed around the space intently looking and observing the antic pieces and portraits.

After a long sleepless night without a certain someone she was hardly able to focus on anything. She wasn't even able to study. The sentences were literally going over her head.

She was hesitant to call Jaison the night before. She gripped the phone tight in her hands as she anticipated what to do. There were a lot of what ifs going on in her mind. What if he is busy? What if he is sleeping? What if he is having dinner?

Engrossed in her thoughts she flinched hard as her phone started ringing loudly. Her face brightened up at the sight of her husband's nickname on the phone screen- Spexcy.

They talked for hours without even realizing. The talk went on before Jaison had to check a few files before sleeping. It was actually an excuse he made so she would sleep on time. He was not going to get any sleep but atleast she should get some. Little did he know she too was wide awake the entire night as she reminisced the time they snuggled up to each other's warmth.

"Do you like it?" Mujin asked as he approached her. She hummed in response, her eyes still glued to the painting infront of her.

Mujin made sure to check up on her the first thing in the morning. As expected she was in a cranky and sulky mood. He tried his hardest to distract her and uplift her mood but it all went in vain.

Out of nowhere an idea popped up in his mind. As a result, here they were in a museum carefully analyzing the art around. Akira had refused the first time when asked but Mujin was more stubborn than anyone around. No one can win from his childlike behavior. He even acted like a cute kid who was deprived of human affection and she just gave in to his demand.

Akira was actually able to compose herself a bit and make peace with the situation on their ride to the museum. She was a lot calmer than before and was actually showing interest in the things around her.

"I don't think I get the idea of this painting." Akira mumbled as she tried to understand the meaning behind it.

The painting displayed a man standing on a hilltop as he stared into the beautiful night sky containing stars but what confused her was the lines and creases that surrounded his head like strings and threads of some sort. His lips displayed a smile while his eyes shed tears of blood.

What could that even mean? He is happy or sad? Is that a smile of hopelessness or are the tears of relief?

"What do you not understand?" Mujin asked as he stared at the painting blankly.

Akira's eyes fell on a quote or a poem written on the lower right corner of the painting.

The sight of you brings peace and tranquil!
I'm ready to stare for as long as it takes...

You made me realise I have a heart but it aches more every passing second!
But I'll cherish this hurt, I'll cherish this pain cause this might be the only thing you could even give to me!

I wish it were lust, I wish it were childish!
But its far more purer than you could ever imagine....

"He is in love." She whispers as the weight of the words falls onto her conscious. 

"He sure is." He sighs, the words were too familiar for him. They were his reality.

"But what kind of love can give you peace and pain at the same time?" She turned to him, her eyes narrowed in question.