Doubt

I finally found the warmth I was looking for.....
Then why do I feel this pit in my stomach!
Its warm like home, calm like the still flame of a candle and I'm like a moth drawn to its light.
I was also aware of the truth that once the flame is anguished it'll rise above and beyond turning into a fire That'll burn every speck of life from within me!

Yet I still crave it!
So Forgive Me if you can...

                                                                    K.M

..........

"Where are we going?" She asked and glanced at his side profile.

He turned to her and stared at her for a second before speaking." My parents house." He didn't know why but telling her that they were going to his house sounded a bit inappropriate.

She made an 'oh' face.
"For just meeting your parents right?" She asked slowly and cautiously not wanting to make him upset.

"Don't you want to stay with your lovely aunty?" It felt a little weird that she regarded them so formally. She had known his parents for years. Their house was her second home.

"Uhm, actually I have already booked a hotel room here." She awkwardly scratched her nape.

"I see. Its alright. You should stay wherever you find it comfortable." He flashed a smile.

She gave him a tight lipped smile.

..........

The door opened at the lady on the other side tackled the girl in a bear hug in the fraction of a second. Mirae squeaked a little at the fast and sudden movement.

"Oh! I missed you so much." Mrs.Kim hugged her harder. Mirae noticed a smile of content on Jaison's lips from the corner of her eye. She chuckled and hugged the lady back.
"Oh my, you have changed so much. I can barely recognise you." Mrs.Kim broke the hug and cupped her cheeks examining her face. Mirae's smile faltered a little." Or maybe its just me getting old." The lady giggled at her own words.

"Mum, atleast let her in first." He shook his head.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. You must be tired from all the travelling. Come in. Come in." She held the girl's hand and entered their house." Where is your luggage?" She turned to see nothing but just a hand bag in her hands.

"Thats in the car, mum." Jaison informed her as he closed the door behind.

"Why is it in the car? Now you would have to go again to fetch it-"

"That won't be needed." He quickly interjected.

"Why is that?"

"She is going to stay in a hotel." Mrs.Kim looked back and forth between the youngsters. The news took Mrs.Kim by surprise. The girl had grown extremely close to her as a child. When she found out that Mirae was coming back she was excited to have the child in her house again.