Conflict

"Ya! get me some toilet paper." Mujin cried through the phone.

"You called me at 6am for this?" Jaison sighed facepalming himself. He was sitting on a resting chair in the small office room he had renovated for himself inside his apartment. He casually turned the page of the book he was reading and adjusted his specs. His phone was resting on his shoulder.

"Ya! Don't you understand ? I'm sitting on a fucking toilet seat." Mujin whined loudly, frustrated.

"Don't you have toilet paper at your place?"

"Why would I ask if I did?" He gritted his teeth.

"Use your hands." Jaison said nonchalantly.

"WHAT? How can you even think that I would destroy my pretty hands ?" He suddenly shouted making Jaison abruptly turn his head away from the phone.

"Its you own poop , Park." Jaison shrugged his shoulders lightly.

In response Mujin made weird noises and cringed. "Park, don't you think its not practical enough that I buy a pack of toilet paper and then travel for 30 minutes to give it to you. You can finish it up on your own. Right?" He pressed on almost every word making himself sound like he was convincing a child.

"WRONG!!! I can wait! I can wait! And you dont have to buy it damn it. Dont tell me you dont have toilet paper at your place?" He stomped his feet.

"I do." He held his nose bridge.
Is he really the same guy who topped the university?

"PlEase, jaISon. I'm GoiNg to cRy."

"What was that?' Jaison scrunched his face away from the phone.

" I ate three cups of spicy noodles last night.I dont think this project would get completed in the next 30 minutes. Please, I bed you - I mean- I beg you!!!!"

"Fine."

"And ,and ...and bring me some ice cream please. My stomach is burning." He cutely fidgeted with the fabric of his shirt as if Jaison could see him.

Jaison clenched his jaw, annoyed. He ended the call before Mujin could blaber anything else. He folded the page of the book and closed it, standing up with a sigh.

He took the toilet paper from a cabinet and placed it in the passenger seat of his car. He started the engine and left for the convenient store.

..............

Pulses, milk , wheat flour, instant cup noodles, oil and whole grain bread. Done. Akira crossed out all the things from the list that were already in her cart. She used to buy the groceries that could last for atleast three months. The pleasure of wasting money on extra stuff wasn't something she could afford to taste. The only snack that she would never be able to resist was Kkokkal corn. She looked around trying to find the shelf containing the snack.

Jaison opened the ice cream fridge and stopped. He looked everywhere inside the container.

What the hell? So many flavours? Aren't they all suppose to taste the same? Honey nut crunch. Mint chocolate chip. Thunder hot fudge. Butterscotch fudge with - Eh!
These sound more like tongue twisters.

He didn't give much thought to it and threw whatever that came in his hand into the basket.

7 bricks are enough for him. Yeah I dont care.

He was about to turn towards the counter when he noticed a girl struggling to reach a packet of chips.
Kkokkal corn is actually very famous in korea due to which all the packets were sold out. Only one packet was left on the shelf. He slowly approached the girl and easily picked up the packet of chips.

In that moment , Akira turned to see a majestic male in front of her . He wasn't wearing anything fancy , was actually wearing a loose full sleeved black t shirt with grey pajamas and brown slippers. The frameless glasses made him look sexy, like a hot professor. The jet black hair looking like fluffy waves of the ocean and his forehead show casing was a cherry on the top.

On the other hand, Jaison turned his head to look at the girl. He could tell at first glance that she wasn't korean. Her long eyelashes and brown doe eyes tinted with green were captivating. Her long, thick and brown hair were flying away. The freckles on her wheatish skin looked mesmerizing.

Beautiful!

Beautiful!

Both thought at the same time.
But the beauty of the moment didn't last long when Akira saw the packet of chips in his hand. She quickly pulled the packet towards herself but his grip was quite strong. His arm jerked forward in the process.
He looked at her confused.

"Its mine. Okay." the edge in her voice ticked Jaison off. She didn't care if she sounded rude. She just wanted the only enjoyment she could afford in life.

I was about to give it to you. Not anymore baby.

He forced the packet back in place.
"I picked it up."

"I saw it first." she argued.

The tug of war began.

"Tum khud ko samajhte kya ho!? Chashmish!!!"
(What do you think of yourself? Specxy !!!)

"What did you just say?" he got confused by the sudden change of language.

"Ha!"

"What Ha!? You're not from Asia. Are you?"

Oh my god! The audacity.

"I'm Indian shithead. Its a part of Asia for your kind information."

"How dare you call me that ? Do you know who I am?"

"Kon? Ameer baap ki bigdi aulad?"
(Who? Spoiled son of a rich daddy?")

"English please!!!"

"Tumi aktum obodro . Tumi-"
(You're absolutely rude. You-)

"What tumi tumi?? Huh!!!"

Akira inherited two cultures from her parents. The marathi culture from her father and bengali culture from her mother.

Akira couldn't hold in her laugh watching him make cute faces while trying to speak a different language.

"Its not funny." he was getting annoyed by the passing minute.

"Tumi ekta boka." she wanted to test his patience. As a result , he pulled the packet so hard that it tore apart, chips flying everywhere. Both of them jerked back in the process.

A teenage boy working in the store rushed to see the commotion."What did you just do?" he spoke, frightened. His job flashed before his eyes.

"It was him."

"Why are you lying? It was her."
They both pointed fingers at each other.

"ENOUGH. You will have to compensate for the damage you caused." both of them nodded their heads like obedient children.

They stood at the counter annoyed with the other's presence. They even created a fuss about who was the one responsible and who wad suppose to pay for the damage. In the end, they decided to split the money.

Akira picked up her grocery bag and turned to leave. "Hump!" She gave him a last glance before walking away.

"Hump-" wait a minute. What the hell am i even doing?

How could he act like a child? He could have been the bigger person and could have acted a little considerate towards her. He could have let her have the packet. Instead he acted all messy and wildly. That wasn't the Kim Jaison he knew. It was someone else. And that change annoyed it.

His phone ringed , irritating him more. He looked at the caller id. Rolling his eyes he picked up the call-" IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT." and he hung up.

"What did I do?" Mujin kept looking at his phone.

"ANYWAY, ITS BEEN MORE THAT 30 MINUTES. DAMN IT. I CANT POOP ANYMORE ."

..............