The Solution

"Get married." She blurted out.

"What!!?" Jaison's head snapped towards his mother." You're joking, right?" He stared into his mother's eyes finding nothing but determination in them.

"Just like your father said 'your character is in question'. So we need to do something to dispose of this scandal as soon as possible."

"And marriage was the only thing that crossed your mind! Mum, Park is a playboy. Nobody ever questioned him."
He looked at her like she had grown horns on her head. How could she think of marriage?

"Because he dated all those girls publically. Their relationship updates were always posted online. His fans were always tailing behind. The public views him as a guy who just can't last long in a relationship. Furthermore, those girls never spoke ill of him. That is completely opposite to your situation. You were always so private and mysterious about your relation." She justified.

Jaison didn't have anything to counter that. He simply looked away from his mother, showing her his back.

"I know it wasn't your fault. You always wanted the world to know about her. But that story is over and she left leaving behind a mess." Mrs.Kim's breathing became irregular remembering the time her son suffered so much.

"Don't you think marriage will be too convenient right now?" It was a valid question. When media starts confronting him about his past relations, questioning his character, he magically marries someone. It doesn't makes sense. This would actually confirm their suspicions. Most of them would think that he married just to get out of this scandal.

"No. I have a story."
Jaison's eyebrows twitched in confusion.

"What are you even saying, Mum?" He whined, turning around aggressively loosening his tie. "And who am I suppose to marry? A girl is going to pop out of thin air now!!?"

"I have a girl in mind." Mrs.Kim tried to contain her smile. Jaison stopped his aggressive movements.
"Who?" Came out, almost like a whisper.

"Do you remember? Akira?"

FLASHBACK:

ONE WEEK AGO:

"Why didn't you do something about this before?" Mrs.Kim and Akira were sitting on table no.4, their usual meeting place. They sat facing each other. After letting her emotions take over and crying her heart out, she felt better, light.

After witnessing Akira's condition Mrs.Kim hurriedly called for medics. The medics were asked to check and treat her wounds inside the store room itself. It was a request made by Akira. She did not want to go outside looking so fragile. By the time the medics left, she was able to get a good hold of her emotions.

Before Mrs.Kim could bombard her with questions, Akira started narrating  her life story to her. She couldn't hold it in. She just needed someone to listen, someone to shoulder her burden. By the time Akira stopped speaking Mrs.Kim was already in tears with a hand covering her mouth trying to silence her sobs.

"I didnt know that she could go this far." Akira fidgeted with the fabric of her shirt.
"At first it was 'I won't let him go to school' , ' I won't let him meet his friends', then she started snatching his school fee, started feeding him less.  3years ago was the first and the last time I shouted at her until.....today. That day she slapped him so hard that he fainted on the spot. And today....she caused this bruise-" she touched her swollen cheek"- she even held a knife against his throat. My baby looked so lifeless like he was used to being treated like that." She choked on her words. She sounded so helpless.

"I'm a horrible sister. I couldn't even realise he was being abused physically." Akira looked up blinking rapidly. She didnt want to cry anymore. She didn't deserve it.
I am not the victim here, my brother is.
She kept reminding herself.