Shaken

I have always been the second choice.
Sometimes I wasn't even on the list.
I didn't know what it was like to be loved.
But now I know what it feels like to be the first priority!
Its damn addictive!
I'm a sinner for falling for that feeling but no one's a saint.
Right?
I have betrayed! I have destroyed the most beautiful bond!
Just to be with you.

K.M

...........

He had no idea what he was feeling. The food that he ate a few minutes ago was burning his stomach ready to erupt out of his throat any minute.

The way she spoke so confidently made him doubt she was joking. 'She wasn't.'

Even though it had been years but he was sure she never drank almond milk after that one time. She was taken to the hospital due to a sudden allergic reaction. She herself was unaware of the allergy. After that incident she was forbidden to drink that thing.

The reason that incident was so clear to him was because that was the first time he saw her cry painfully. Her skin became red and itchy causing the 10 year old to scratch her skin like a mad person. He was numb from the shock. It wasn't until his mother, Mrs.Kim hugged him trying to comfort him, that he broke down in tears. He himself was a child back than.

He didn't want to overthink and go down a scary road but he couldn't shake that feeling.

Why would she say that she drank jars?

"-I can make you some." His head snapped towards the kitchen. He wasn't attentive to what they both had been talking about. He only managed to register the last part.

"You will! Thank you." Mirae squeaked and excitedly followed Mrs.Kim inorder to help her with anything.

"Matilda, can you bring me those soaked almonds?" The maid bowed her head and walked to the refrigerator.

'What are you doing, mum?' He thought to himself.

The lady actually began to prepare the drink for his girlfriend.

He wanted to barge in. He wanted to stop her. He wanted to throw those peeled soaked almonds outside the window but something made him stay. His feet were glued to the ground. His conscious was telling him to move but something at the back of his head, something from within his heart gripped him strongly.

His heart hammered against his chest as he fisted his hands, his knuckles turning white. He had to hold the door frame to stop himself from pushing the glass that inched closer to Mirae's lips.

'Don't drink it.'

'Let her drink it.' A whisper echoed in his ears.

'She'll fall sick.'

'You know she won't. You always knew. You were aware.' The voice laughed in mock.

His face became visibly pale as he saw her gulp down the drink. One gulp. Two. Three.

"Thats enough." He couldn't hold back and barged in startling the girl but his mother stayed unfazed. He snatched the glass from her grasp and held her shoulders to examine her.

"Wh-? Let me finish it atleast." She tried to reach the glass but was yanked back by his strong grip on her shoulders.

"Are you okay? Do you feel nauseous? Does your skin feel itchy?" He looked all over her face in worry.