First Night!

Akira's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets as she stepped into Jaison's apartment. It was more like a pent house. The place was very spacious. She clutched the fabric of the coat Jaison gave her to wear.

She was wearing a no sleeve dress when winter was at its peak. He noticed her shivering when they exited the hall which was installed with heaters. He removed his coat and passed it on to her to wear. He even buttoned up the buttons for her.

The media started clicking pictures and pestering them as the couple came into their view. They bombarded them with questions and flashes with no mercy.

It was 31st dec, the last day of the year. A new year was about to rise. Mr.Kim had organised a party to celebrate the new year in the name of Jaison's wedding. The moment Jaison was informed about the gathering, he refused. He was tired but the main reason was Akira's worn out expression. She was more tired than him. She had to lift her dress every now and then, her pencil heels were killing her, sending a sharp pain up her legs when she shifted her weight. She wasn't even able to eat much food as someone kept approaching them one after the other. She being herself entertained each one of them with a smile. He also didn't want her to meet more spooky people. The introductions in the morning were enough.

Their drive back to Jaison's apartment was silent but the silence was comfortable and serene. Akira had dozed off almost twice. By the time they reached the place it was night.

Right now she stood a few steps forward from the door to the apartment. Jaison stood behind her as he watched her keenly observing every inch of the living room.
The living room is larger than my entire apartment dude! Holy freaking shit.

She also noticed that the place didn't have any pictures. It was squeaky clean, organised. It had a modern touch to it but it didn't feel like home. It was cold, no warmth to it.

"Close your mouth, a fly could enter if you don't." He Snickered at her expressions.

"Oh, shut up!" She waved her hand at him still not looking at him." Let me take it in."

"I didn't know you were materialistic." He raised his eyebrows provokingly at her. She finally turned around to glare at the said man.

"I was thinking that how!! how will I be able to clean such a big place!" She shrieked with her arms held out.

He scrunched his face in question.
She was think that! Here I thought she got impressed by my wealth. Hump!

"What!? No! Seriously?...... You really thought I'll let you clean. Thats not your job. Mum has instructed the maids to clean the apartment every tuesday, friday and sunday."

"But I have a habit of cleaning and cooking." She mumbled under her breath.

"Then change your habits. I'll not let my wife do those odd jobs. Thats final." He said sternly. Akira's stomach did a flip at 'my wife', she didn't understand why but she liked the butterflies erupting in her stomach.
She timidly nodded her head, agreeing.

"Now lets go to my-" he stopped midway. Oh he knew where this was going. They had to share a room together. His dominating aura suddenly changed as he started to get nervous. Damn! There were other spare rooms in the condo but now they were married.

Husband and wife. They were suppose to stay in the same room.

He cleared his throat, determined. If this is the first step to having a stable married life he was ready to do it.
"'Our' room is this way."

Akira wasn't very different from him. She too had the same thoughts but they were on a whole different level.
The next ritual is the same in all cultures. Fuck!