Peace

"What the-" Jaison quickly jogged towards the woman sitting on a ladder, painting the wall with baby blue colour.
"What are you doing? Get off."
He spoke in a worried voice.

"Can't you see I'm painting?" She shrugged her shoulders still not looking back at him and concentrating on the wall.

"You can fall." He lifted his arms up in an attempt to catch her as he saw the ladder shake when she turned around to face him.

"Seriously? I'm not a child Jaison. Even if I fall it won't hurt much and you were the one who gave me the freedom to do what I wanted." She moved the brush in the air, exaggerating.

"Yes I did but this is not what I meant. If you want to change something just give those people an order and it will be done. You don't have to do it yourself."

"Ordering people around is not my thing. If I want something I'll make efforts to get it done by myself." She shifted her weight on the ladder causing it to shake more, adding to his anxiety.

"Get. Down. Now." He demanded.

She was surprised to see such a sudden change in his demeanour. He was acting like a worried child just a moment ago and now like an authoritative man. She didn't put up a fight and got off the ladder carefully.

The moment she stepped on the floor he took the can of paint and the brush from her and kept it aside on a table making her sulk.
"This isn't your work. Just like I said before if you want something just say. It'll be done."

"You really think I'm old right? If I fell off that ladder my bones would break?" She huffed, annoyed." Remind me who's older here." She raised her eyebrows up and down." You."

"Where did that come from? Its not about the age. I was just say-"

"I get it. I get it. Jeez." She didn't listen to him further and walked out of the room into the kitchen. He quietly followed her behind, dumbfounded at her ignorance.

Akira discussed something with Ms.Ara as she placed the bowls filled with food on the dining table while he followed her with his eyes.
Am I invisible? I came here to eat lunch with her and here she is ignoring me.

It was the third day since Jaison ordered to refill everything in the kitchen. Akira had been changing somethings here and there in the placement of the furniture.
She changed the sofa setting saying it looked too boring. It took her two days to do it as it was just her and Ms.Ara. The lady's back must be sore. Akira wasn't even allowing Jaison to look at it till it was done.

Ms.Ara had been preparing their food. The food was good to both their tastes but Akira wanted to cook by herself and today she finally did. She was really happy to cook after....4 days. Ha! Felt like 4 years.

Ms.Ara excused herself after the food was placed on the table. She was a really reserved person, always talked to the point. That made Akira a bit disappointed as she couldn't chit chat with someone. Whenever she cooked she stick to the recipe, not a ml of water more, not a pinch of salt less. Yep! She always carried a book with the recipes of various korean dishes in it. Akira could tell that she didnt cook because she liked it.

"Why are you so excited?" He asked as he sat on the chair.

"Shush! Don't kill the excitement. I cooked!!" She shrieked like a child that finally got the toy she wanted for so long.

He stilled for a moment and then just shook his head like a disappointed father. She wasn't going to listen to him, that was sure.

She opened the lid of the bowl. He leaned forward to take a whiff of the food but knitted his eyebrows at the unfamiliar dish. The smell was good but he didn't know what it was.