Past

"But why?" Akira couldn't hide the irritation in her voice.

"I'm sorry, sweety. But you can't go. You have become a public figure now. Someone can recognize you." Mrs.Kim tried to reason with her.

Today was the trial in which her aunt was going to be proven guilty. They had all the proof and evidence to win the case. Furthermore, the lawyer hired by Amrita wasn't that good. She didn't have the money to afford a good lawyer. She didn't have a job and was living off Akira's money for so many years.

Mrs.Kim accidentally spilled this information infront of her husband. As predicted he didn't like the idea of Akira going there. He didn't even like the idea of her place in their lives. According to him she didnt match their family's status. She was a freaking waitress. But as long as his image was clean and the public supported him he was ready to marry his son with the worst person alive. He had always been hungry for power. Now he wanted more by entering politics.

He strictly ordered his wife that Akira couldn't attend the hearing.

Jaison was entirely oblivious to the situation. Currently he was in his office doing work not knowing the dilemma his wife was in. Mrs.Kim had purposely chosen a time he wouldnt be at home. He was already not happy with the decision of Akira being jobless. If he found out that she is being restricted in a lot more things he'll definitely go rouge against his father. Mrs.Kim felt guilty for keeping all this from him but she always wanted to keep up with her husband's expectations. He wasnt a good husband but she couldn't help but be a good wife.

Akira on the other hand didnt want her brother to go there alone. Just hearing that woman's name made her heart sink. The amount of courage he would have to muster to face that hex was unimaginable. She wanted to be there for him, she also wanted to witness the old hag's misery. It would give her tremendous satisfaction.

"Fine. But atleast can I meet her privately in jail." She said through gritted teeth. She wasn't going to take no for an answer. She was already adjusting to everything they asked her to do.

Mrs.Kim sensed her very valid irritation.

"Okay."

.............

They both stared at each other in silence. One held anticipation in her eyes while the other held mock. They both had been staring at each other for a while waiting for the other to speak.

Akira's heart was hammering in her chest. She still felt an inferiority in front of her aunt. Her entire body would have been shivering if it wasn't for the glass in between them acting as a barrier.

The court had announced the judgement And Amrita Sharma was proven guilty. She was also proven to be mentally ill. Her medical reports said it all. The charges against her were of child abuse, blackmail, publically threatening to take Aryan's life. The lawyer hired by Mrs.Kim had appealed to the court to investigate the sudden death of Amrita Sharma's husband 10 years ago.

It had been more than four hours since Amrita had been shifted to the prison.

"You seemed to have changed a lot, my child." The aunt tilted her head to the side moving her eyes all over Akira's face.

She noticed the light makeup, the small pendent that rested on her neck, the diamond studs in her ear lobes. The dress that she wore was certainly not cheap but it wasn't her taste. That wasn't her concern. How was she able to get a hold of it was.

Akira's grimed at 'my child'. How can that woman act like nothing happened?
"Dont call me that." Her face radiated tension.

The old lady chuckled as she playfully lifted her hands up in defence.
"Ouu, I'm scared." The lady's nonchalant ness had her floored. Her face didn't even show acknowledgment of her actions, regret was way too much to expect.