just a prophecy

And so we continued to tell Obi-Wan everything that had happened in the past week, while he listened attentively. As we recounted the events and showed him the fake messages, Obi-Wan's expression grew more and more serious, and he slowly shook his head.

“I wish you had told me this sooner. This is not to be taken lightly and I’m almost one hundred percent sure someone has their eyes and ears in the temple, maybe even in the jedi council altogether. You can’t stay here another night. We have to go.” He got up from his seat and grabbed his cloak.

“Go where!?”

I knew the situation wasn’t to be taken lightly, but was it really necessary for us to leave the temple? I had always thought we were the safest here, behind those thick stone walls.

But apparently not.

“We’ll come up with something. But the sooner we leave, the better. They know you are here in the temple and as long as they know your location, you are vulnerable. That’s why we need to get you somewhere they can’t find you- as soon as possible.”

“Then I think we’ve got a plan.”, I agreed, trying to stay composed despite the whirlwind of emotions inside me. I didn’t want to hide away forever, though. That was for sure. This could only be a temporary solution, so I added:

“At least until we can figure out who's behind the conspiracy and the threat to the balance of the Force, I mean.”

I saw Anakin’s hand clenching into a fist by his side, his frustration palpable.

“But can we even ensure your safety if we leave?”, he asked and I could tell he was trying hard to keep his voice calm.
“Inside the temple the risks are somewhat limited. Outside of these walls we won’t have any control of what will happen. Whatsoever.”

He looked at Obi-Wan, demanding a response from him and hoping he would change his mind.

Obi-Wan understood Anakin's frustration and reached up to place a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"I know it's not an ideal situation, Anakin, but staying here puts both of you at a greater risk. Your enemies have shown that they can infiltrate even the most secure places, so being on the move will make it a lot harder for them to track you. And I'm sure that if you stay cautious and don’t let your fear blind you, you will be fine.”

“I'm not afraid.”, Anakin asserted, his jaw tight.
“These people, whoever they are, are a joke to me. I just don't want to put Y/N in any more danger than necessary!”

“I didn’t mean your fear of the enemy, my friend, but your fear of losing Y/N that could blind you.”, Obi-Wan corrected him, his voice being a lot more calm than Anakin's. I had always admired him for being able to stay so cool and balanced, no matter the situation.

Anakin took a deep breath in and looked at me with a pained expression on his face.

“It’s just- I can't help but feel responsible for all of this. If it weren't for me and the prophecy, none of this would be happening.”, he said and dropped down into the now empty seat near the holo table. At the sudden weight, the seat creaked loudly.

“Hey, stop that, Anakin. This isn’t your fault in any way!”, I immediately said, refusing to let him go down that path of guilt and self-blame.

Obi-Wan nodded his head in agreement.

"I understand how you feel, Anakin, but remember, the prophecy is just that- a prophecy. It doesn't define your actions or your choices. You are not responsible for the evil actions of others. The dark side exists independently of you, and these events at least are not entirely in your control. So why don't you focus on what you can control instead?"