revelations

Just when we thought we had seen and heard everything by now, we were beyond shocked then, when we walked into the conference room the following morning to check if there were any new messages for us, and were startled by the door sliding open shorty after, revealing a master Obi-Wan who was all dirty and completely out of breath.

He was pale and his bright eyes were opened wide as he recognised us and we him. Seeing him was both comforting and alarming at the same time.
Why was he here in the temple? Why now?

“Anakin, Y/N!”, he said breathlessly and quickly walked over to us.

“What’s going on, why aren’t you on the mission?”, Anakin immediately asked the question which I myself was dying to know the answer to as well.

“I needed to make sure you were fine!”, Obi-Wan replied and took off his long brown cloak that was covered in dirt. “Are you alright?”

“Well, yes. We are...”, Anakin kept it vague. “What makes you think we wouldn’t be? What is this about? Did you receive any suspiciously dramatic messages from us calling for help?”

Obi-Wan looked surprised. “Messages? No. I didn’t receive any. Were you needing my help?”

“No. We weren’t... But why were you so concerned about us then when you didn’t receive any messages? Please just tell us what's going on.”, I replied this time, impatient to know what led him to believe something could be wrong. I needed to know how much Obi-Wan really knew about the situation Anakin and I were in- or if he knew anything about it at all.

“Oh, I have no idea what’s going on, my dear Y/N. And that’s exactly why I needed to make sure you two were fine. There are rumours...”, he let his exhausted body drop into the seat next to the holo table.

Anakin and I exchanged a glance.

“What rumours, Obi-Wan!?”

He let out a sigh, before answering us.

“It started with master Yoda. He was behaving very strangely throughout the mission, almost as if he felt weak or tired. Of course that didn’t go unnoticed by the rest of the council and everyone was concerned for him. But after some time then, you know how he can test one’s patience, he finally revealed what was troubling him-", Obi-Wan loosened the tight belt around his waist a little, so that he could breathe a little better.
"He said he was sensing a major shift in the balance. ‘As if a ripple in the Force was spreading across the galaxy’, that’s how he put it, I believe.”, Obi-Wan rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

“Of course, master Yoda’s words then got all the other council members talking, because so far, he has always been right about the things he was sensing. Just like when he was sensing you being found and becoming a jedi, Anakin. So this time, it is no surprise that his words created waves again. Some believe it's merely a natural fluctuation in the Force that Yoda was sensing, but others fear it could be something far more... dangerous.”

First Kindon talked about the balance of the galaxy and now master Yoda was sensing a threat, too!?
This was getting serious on a whole new level.

“Dangerous as in..?”

“As in the light side losing in power and, ultimately, the dark side coming to rise.”, Obi-Wan completed my sentence and spoke out what I already suspected.

“Is it inevitable that this will happen? And what does that mean? ...For us?”

"You see, this is exactly what all the discussions revolve around at the moment, because no one is sure. Not even master Yoda himself.”

I nodded my head slowly and absent-mindedly stared at the large blinking panel in front of me.

“A shift in the Force sounds like a pretty big deal. How come we’re only hearing about this now that you happen to be passing by the temple?”, Anakin spoke next, his tone challenging. “No one cared to tell us sooner?”