care for a duel?

The door slid open as if in slow motion. And whose smile greeted us?

“Obiwan!!!” What a surprise!

“Well hello there, Y/N! And hello to you, too, my friend.”, Obiwan said and stepped inside the room, visibly happy to see us. The corners of his moustache were curled up into a smile.

“What are you even doing here?“,

“What kind of question is that?”, Obiwan chuckled, half offended.
“Of course I had to see with my own eyes how the two of you are holding up... after it is partly my fault you two are here.”, he added sadly.

His fault? How could Obiwan possibly have anything to do with all this?

“Now what’s that supposed to mean, master?”, Anakin asked with a sceptical look on his face. He must have been just as confused as I was.

“The contact person inside the palace, Kindon, to whom I had your lightsabers transferred, well, he wasn’t who he wanted me to believe he was. I’m afraid we were betrayed from the very beginning- I don't know how our secret plans ended up with the separatists and the Queen as only a small circle was informed about them. Nevertheless, everything got out, and I was the one who approved the mission and let you two go. But believe me, I never suspected that Kindon was actually Nik Don, the son of Nimrod Don, who should be known to you as the Queen's cousin.”, Obiwan explained apologetically.

And now it all made sense. The dark hair, their familiarity, the cousin's anger at, who I now knew was his son, when he had caught him with me and the lightsabers... How could we have been so blind?

“All this time I had a bad feeling about that guy!”, Anakin spoke out.

Right, and that definitely wasn’t mostly due to obsessive and delusional jealousy on your part... I thought and gave Anakin a meaningful look- which he ignored.

But it really wasn’t Kindon, or Nik Don, who was the bad guy in all this- he had changed his mind last minute and tried to help us after all- his father and the Queen were the real villains.

“And there’s no need for you to take any blame, Obiwan”, Anakin continued, interrupting my thoughts.

I joined in. “I’ll have to agree with Anakin here. This isn’t your fault and above that there was barely even any damage done! Look at us, we are fine and on top of that Anakin stole the data carrier!” I gave Obiwan a reassuring look. I hated seeing that man so worried.

“I’m very relieved you two see it like that. Still, I thought I’d bring you a little something to make it up to you.”, Obiwan said, reaching under his brown travelling cloak and pulling out two long objects.

“You probably already missed these.”, he smiled and then gave one to each of us- a brand new lightsaber.
Yes! Finally!

“Oh, you bet!” Anakin eagerly lit up his saber and admired its blue glow and if I wasn’t sitting on my bed, I would have done the same with mine.

“Care for a little duel?” Anakin thrust his lightsaber forward to where Obiwan stood, faking an attack.
Boys and their toys...

“Oh, no, thank you, I’m good, Anakin. And I also wouldn’t want to destroy this beautiful room you got here.”

“Coward.” Anakin said, annoyed, and turned off the light of his saber.

“I’ll take that, my eager friend. But speaking of rooms...” Oh no, don’t go there. I gave Anakin an alarmed look.

“I must say, I was quite surprised to find the both of you sharing one!”, Obiwan ended his sentence, looking at us curiously.

I cleared my throat, trying to buy me some time to think of a reply. Quick!