a give and take

- short filler chapter ahead -

---

It wasn't long after the nurse had left, that our Jedi clothes were brought up to our room. Obiwan had kindly dropped them off during his visit and now the time had finally come to wear them again after a long period of not having been able to do so. I had long grown tired of the dirty slave costume and the plain white hospital gown on my body. But before I changed once and for all, I took the opportunity to shower in the comfortable bathroom again.

I really took my time with it and enjoyed the hot water flowing down my body and relaxing my muscles like a massage. Rainforest showers really were a wonderful invention, I would miss this back at the temple. After a while of just standing there, eyes closed and deep in my thoughts, I finally turned off the water. Only now did I notice that the little window and the mirror were all fogged up, but soon the air filter system of the bathroom turned on and the haze disappeared. I stepped out of the spacious shower, wrapped a large bath towel around my body and dried my hair with a smaller one. But just as I was about to change into my jedi clothes, I noticed that I had only grabbed the upper half of my outfit off the bed. The other part- my pants- were probably still in the room.
And so I had no other choice than to make sure my body was properly covered by the large towel, before I opened the door of the bathroom a crack to let Anakin hand me my pants.

"Hey, uhm, Anakin!", I said to get his attention. He was lying on his bed and toying with his lightsaber, still in his white shirt and the grey sweatpants that the medcenter had provided for him.

He looked up to me when he heard my voice.

"Could you quickly hand me my pants? I forgot them.", I pointed at the piece of fabric on my bed, my other hand pressing the towel to my chest.

"Sure."
He smirked as he took in my towel-clad figure. But he then quickly got up from his bed and picked up my pants, before he walked over to the bathroom door where I was standing.

"And what did you wanna trade these for?", he smiled mischievously and held up my pants so they were dangling at eye level with me, but just far enough away so that I couldn't reach them with my hands if I tried to.

Mentally, I slapped myself as to how I could have been so naïve to believe that he would just give me my pants like that. Well, here we go.

"Nothing!? Come on now!", I tried to snatch the fabric away from him, but Anakin was faster and quickly pulled his hand that was holding it back. If I wanted to try again, I would have to step out of the bathroom in just my towel and I wasn't really up for that.

"Uh uh. Ever heard of reciprocity? This is supposed to be a fair exchange, Y/N! A give and take!", Anakin explained with a fake seriousness. I could tell he was really enjoying this.

Ugh.

"What do you want?", I asked unenthusiastically.

"Too much.", he grinned. "Let's start like this: what do you have to offer?"

'Patience, Y/N. Stay calm.', I had to remind myself.

"I'm offering you that I'll get dressed quickly, so I can clear the bathroom for you faster."

I knew that that probably wasn't what Anakin wanted to hear me say, but it was a reasonable offer. After all he still had to shower and get dressed himself and before he hadn't done that, we couldn't leave the medcenter. But of course, Anakin decided to drag his game out a little longer, because he confirmed my theory, when he replied to me.

"Nah. Don't like your offer. How about this though: you don't have to get dressed at all now and instead you join me for my shower and we'll get dressed together after?", Anakin smiled angelically, but the twinkle in his eyes told me that he was well aware of the fact that his counteroffer was far over the top.