one more thing

We had just paid for our short stay at the hotel and were now back on its landing pad where our little ship was parked. Last night went by incredibly fast and I really wasn’t ready to leave all the fun and intimacy we had shared behind. But the thought that the mission which most of the council members were on at the moment might last a little longer, gave me hope that Anakin and I would still enjoy a lot of freedom in the next couple of days. And since we had both promised each other to make the most out of our situation and since I knew that Anakin was very creative in that respect- he had only just proven that by taking me out- I was reminded that I shouldn’t be too sad to leave.

The sun wasn't quite up yet and it was a little chilly out here on the landing pad. As Anakin opened the roof of our ship and held out his hand to help me climb into the passenger seat, an idea suddenly occurred to me. So, I declined his kind offer and gently pushed his hand aside.

“What’s up?”, Anakin asked, clearly confused as to why I wouldn’t let him help me. But before I could explain what I had in mind, he beat me to it.

“No, actually I know what you want me to do.”, he smirked and crouched down slightly, wrapped his arms around my thighs, just below my butt, before lifting me up like that, so that my body was catapulted upwards. I let out a surprised yelp as I was suddenly almost a meter taller than only a second ago. I knew Anakin wouldn’t drop me and that I was secure in his iron grip, but something about being picked up like that on a landing pad at least a hundred meters above the ground made me nervous.

“Hey! Let me down right now!”, I protested, desperately holding onto his shoulders for support.

“Just climb into your seat, Y/N!” He pushed me up another few inches, but I made no effort to get into the ship.

“No, that was my whole point! I don’t wanna get into the passenger seat, I wanna fly the ship for a change.”

With a swift motion, Anakin lowered me back down to the landing pad, allowing my feet to touch the ground once more. His hands remained on my waist, providing stability as I regained my balance.

“Why didn’t you say so in the first place, Y/N?”

“Because you didn’t even give me the chance to?!”, I had to remind him.

Anakin's eyes twinkled with amusement and he released his hold on me, taking a step back.

“Alright, fair enough. Will you then accept my hand to help you into the pilot seat instead?”

I couldn’t hide my surprise at his response.

“Wait- so that means Anakin Skywalker is actually giving up control? To his padawan? And without any protest?”, I asked, making sure to sound extra dramatic.

A few months ago, he would have insisted to fly the ship himself. I was more than sure of it. He would have made fun of me for even bringing it up because he'd been just that obsessed with having all the control, and the mere idea of sitting in the passenger seat would have been the death for his ego. 

“Well, looks like he does.”, Anakin shrugged and gave me a smirk.

“How come?”

“I don’t see an issue with you flying... Why would I?”, he answered nonchalantly, then started grinning and added:
“And besides that... I guess last night has once again shown me how very pleasant giving up control can be.”, his hand reached up to pinch my chin, before he quickly added, “-From time to time at least. Don’t wanna get you too excited.”

I took a step back to get some distance between us.

“So you’re basically saying that it needed me to be on top for you to realise that it was okay for me to fly?”, I crossed my arms in front of my chest and played offended.
"Really? Is that it?"

“No! And... yes.”, Anakin visibly struggled. “But mostly no. I know you’re perfectly capable of flying, Y/N. And that’s all that matters.”