Stuck

I had organized all spare parts stored in the backroom, I had found the digital inventory list of the ship and checked if all positions listed where actually there, I had polished R2, taking care of little scratches and imperfections he had suffered in the course of all the missions we were on, and now, now I ran out of tasks I could keep myself busy with, tasks that would keep me away from Anakin in the cockpit to be precise.

I just hoped that we would hear from Obiwan soon. After Anakin and I had made it through the astroid field and jumped into hyperspace, by now we should have reached the cordinates that Obiwan told us to go to. At the agreed place in space, Anakin and I were supposed to wait for further instructions about our new mission that would be somewhere in the Kessel sector. We had no details yet. Until then, we were just supposed to wait on the ship and stay ready until it would be time for us to fly to the actual location and enter the scene. Honestly, I couldn't wait for that time to come but up until now, sadly no message has reached our ship.

At least three hours must have passed inside the little backroom, when I decided it was time to visit my master in the cockpit to see if there were any news. So I pressed the button to open the door. To my suprise, as soon as I set a foot inside the cockpit, I was instantly hit with bitter coldness. It was so cold that I could see my own breath when I exhaled.

"There you are, Y/N. Have you started to miss me now?", Anakin greeted me sarcastically. He was seated with his back towards me, per usual.

"Anakin, it is freeeezing cold in here, what's going on!?" I didn't bother to reply to his idiotic question and got straight to the point.

"I have got bad and even worse news for you, which one do you want to hear first?"

"You're scaring me!" I was seriously worried now.

"Choose wisely, my Padawan.", he turned around in his chair, awaiting my answer.

"Hit me with the more drastic one then."

"Good. Your choice, not mine: You are lightyears away from rocking that cloak the way that I do. Like, seriously, lightyears!", he smirked.

This man.
"Very funny, very mature also, master."

"You're taking this up better than I would've expected, despite the gravity of that news. Trust me, the next one is not nearly as drastic: The ship computer has severe issues. We still have basic electricity but the engines have failed, oh, and the heating system as well. We're just floating around as of right now."

Excuse me, what!?
"Great- that is just great and you're telling me just now?"

"You were so busy cleaning and organizing back there. I thought it wouldn't hurt if you made it a little cozy here since we will be stuck on this ship for, I don't know, long enough at least."

"No we won't be. Let's call Obiwan and have him or I don't care who get us out of here!"

"What do you think I have been trying to do for the past hour? I just couldn't reach him. Either our signal is too weak or he is too far out."

"Well, let's just try again, there must be a way to reach someone!"
I stormed over to him and the panel in front of him.

"It's this button, right?", I asked Anakin since I wasn't familiar with the panel layout on this type of ship.
I looked up into his face for a reaction. Just now, that I was standing much closer to him, did I notice an odd detail about his face. An alarming detail!

"Anakin, your lips are literally blue!", I blurted out before he could answer my question.

"Huh, so that explains why they feel numb!", he commented with an innocent face.