oh scrap!

"Morning, Padawan.", Anakin greeted me with a raspy morning voice, as I turned around in the bed to face him.

Oh force. I didn't know what it was, but at this point, I would have preferred an angry Anakin over whatever this was.

"Hi.", I awkwardly replied.

Anakin stretched his arms while closing his eyes again. He groaned contentedly.

"I don't know about you, Y/N, but I feel incredibly well rested.", he stated with this creepy glint in his eyes. I immediately sat up to get some distance between us.

"... that's good.", was all I could come up with as a reply. I didn't really know how to act. Was he aware of the fact that he had literally been pressing me to his chest for the past hours? I doubted it, or else he wouldn't be so friendly now (compared to his usual moodiness). I guess the sleep had really had a positive effect on his attitude. I wondered how long this effect would last and how long it would take until his true self would resurface again.

"What about you? You got fed up with sitting pretty fast, huh? But that's what you insisted on. Sitting I mean.", Anakin continued.

"Uh yeah, I guess. But I most certainly didn't plan to end up lying next to you. I didn't even notice that I had changed positions until I woke up. That's how deeply I've slept...", I told him the half-lie.

"Oh, I bet you did.", now Anakin smirked. His lips were no longer blue. They had gone back to their usual rosy colour.

"What is that supposed to mean?", I was honestly concerned. Did he watch me sleep? And once again the question arose whether he had woken up with me still in his arms or after his grip around me had loosened already. His voice just sounded so suggestive!

"You just looked very calm and peaceful. That's all."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

That only answered half of my questions. And the one answer that I did get, didn't satisfy me either, it only disturbed me more, given that he indeed must have watched me in one way or another.

I guess one could wonder why it was bothering me as much as it did.
Maybe it was because it subconsciously reminded me of how I had studied Anakin's face while he was sleeping and how I had recognized that he didn't look half as bad as he did when he was awake. It's not like I didn't know that women and men from pretty much everywhere in the galaxy admired my master not only for his skills, but for his looks also- and I saw where all these people were coming from, Anakin undeniably did have attractive bodily features to him- it's just that his attitude ruined it all.

Now I was wondering what Anakin's thought process was, when he had studied my sleeping face. A part of me was dying to know every single detail of his thoughts and the other more rational part of me didn't want to know a single thing about what was going on inside Anakin's wicked mind.

"Why are you looking at me like that", Anakin wanted to know, cutting off my trail of thoughts. I hadn't even noticed that I was staring at him.

"It's nothing, never mind."

"D'you fancy my unkempt morning hair that much?", he smirked that evil smirk.

Abruptly, before I could think of a good comeback, our conversation was cut off by a loud metallic banging noise. With wide eyes I looked at Anakin who was just as alarmed.

We both instantly jumped up and out of the bed to find the source of these highly concerning sounds. I almost fell because the cloak was still wrapped around my body.
When I then finally, too, reached the cockpit, horror struck me, to say the least.