mission abort

Earlier, somewhere inside the palace:

"Now, what about Skywalker? Someone must roam the palace and find him before he notices her absence!"

"But my dear, that would be ideal! We don't need to find him, he will come to us all by himself once he notices she's gone. All we have to do is sit here and wait until the guards I have placed in front of the room she's in give the alarm."

"That sounds almost too easy. He's a jedi after all! What makes you so sure he will even come?"

"Well, it is easy! Nik has told me everything. Skywalker is extremely protective of her and would even get jealous of my boy when he only looked in her direction."

"What a fool."

-laughter-

"But I have to say, Don, you speak very highly of your son, yet it was he who almost messed up the plan and tried to sabotage us! Something that he and you won't just get away with, I may add."

"I know, your majesty, and I am still absolutely devastated about it. I don't understand how this could have possibly happened. Just please, please let me make up for this when I present you the two jedi in just a little. Nothing is lost yet, in fact, we have only gained strategic advantage! And all you have to do is relax and let me handle it for you."

"I want to see action, Don. Enough of your words and lousy excuses!"

---

-Anakin's P.O.V.

Finally, it was 10 o'clock, which meant that the last guard shift for the day was over.
Finally, I was free to go to our room and see Y/N after more than 16 hours of separation. I couldn't wait.

But when I got to our room, slightly out of breath from having jogged the entire way to be there faster, it was empty.

This wasn't right. Nothing was.

I could feel the anger starting to build inside of me.

WHAT DID THEY DO TO HER?

Y/N didn't have to do extra chores and stay late, they had abducted her. They had taken her from me!

The sudden realisation hit me like a blaster shot straight through the heart. Instantly, I was overcome by a rush of adrenaline, heightening my senses and preparing me for the storm I was about to break loose. My body was buzzing with rage and I let out a loud groan of frustration as my fists hit the wall closest to me.
But I didn't feel any pain, I was completely numb.

Then I slammed the door shut as hard as I could and stormed down the deserted corridor of the guard quarters. Where I was going, I wasn't exactly sure of, but I had to find her!

And so I started searching in every corner of the palace, my loud angry footsteps echoing off the cold marble walls of the thousand empty corridors.

Nothing.
I couldn't sense her presence anywhere. Not even the Queen's.

But I wouldn't give up so fast. No, I wouldn't stop searching until I had her safe and well in my arms and I pushed aside any thoughts, telling me I wouldn't be successful or that Y/N could be hurt. And if I had to turn this whole place upside down to find her, I would. I'd do whatever.

Over an hour had already passed since I started my search and I was still wandering through the dark. But
there were still parts of the palace I hadn't scanned yet: the far back of the cellar that I had never really been to before and the west wing of the palace. But the cellar seemed like the better hiding place of the two options and because every second counted, I decided to try my luck there first.