see you in a bit

My heart was pounding hard as my starfighter and I were pulled into Grievous ship, the small gate almost immediately closing behind us and trapping me inside the hangar bay I found myself in.

My eyes darted around as I was trying to get an overview of the situation. Somehow I had expected Grievous to stand somewhere and receive me personally. But he was nowhere to be seen- which did not automatically mean I was all alone here- in fact, there were dozens of battle droids standing in formation, greeting me with their guns all trained on me. When I moved my head ever so slightly, their guns followed my movements. Nice!

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. The fact that I was outnumbered and outgunned was more than obvious, and although battle droids were pretty dumb in nature, jumping out of my starfighter and attacking them with only my lightsaber seemed foolish. But then it was pointless to worry about what options I had anyway, because suddenly a voice echoed through the hangar and a dark figure entered, changing the whole situation. As not to show any fear upon their entrance, I gripped my lightsaber a little tighter and opened the roof of my starfighter, ready to face whomever it was.

“Welcome!”, the voice deep said.

At first, I couldn't make out who the person was due to the poor lighting- probably a part of the whole show. But as the figure stepped closer and out of the shadows, I could see that it was a man wearing a cloak and hood that obscured his face. I could feel the aura of darkness emanating from him, and an unsettling sense of foreboding washed over me.

As he slowly approached me, the battle droids parted to make way for him, their guns still trained on me.

"So...", The man stopped a few meters away from my starfighter I was still sitting in. “We finally meet.”

“You said it. Finally.”, I played along confidently, but as he stepped even closer, I could feel a cold sweat breaking out on my forehead.

The man suddenly drew his hood back, revealing an unfamiliar face that was ‘twisted with malice’, as one might describe: His eyes gleamed brightly and his thin lips twisted into a sneer. Because of his almost white hair colour, one could have assumed that he was an old man. But he wasn’t. As far as I could tell, he was hardly any older than Obiwan.

“Oh, she’s eager?”, he asked playfully, referring to my remark.

“Indeed, she is. But tell me, with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to again?”

The man chuckled, a deep rumbling sound that echoed in the hangar. “I think you already know the answer, sugar.”

I gulped, but quickly tried to regain my composure.

“Oh, Kenzo? Is that you?”, I asked with a polite smile. Of course I knew that Kenzo wasn’t his name- his real one being burned into my brain since the threat- but I thought I’d play dumb and test him a little.

 He raised his brows. “Kenzo? Oh, come on, sugar, you can do better than that.”, he grinned.

“Uhm... Karlo? No- hold on.”, I looked around the hangar as if deep in thought, before I burst out:

“I know- Kunto! Right?”

“Tsk tsk tsk...” He shook his head and slowly started walking around my starfighter, my eyes never leaving him. “No. That’s not my name. Maybe I should give you a little reminder instead of letting you try again? Hm? Yeah, I should.”

Katzo abruptly stopped in his tracks and looked up at me with an evil smirk. He raised his hand. “See ya in a bit, sugar.”

Before I even got to process what he could mean by that, a sudden eruption of gunfire echoed through the hangar.