pillow talk of the other kind

I heard Anakin's footsteps nearing me and I felt how I was picked up from the ground by two strong arms.

"You did so well.", I heard Anakin whisper as he carried me.
At that moment, though, I wasn't able to fully comprehend the extent of the meaning this phrase had- not generally speaking, but what these words meant, coming from Anakin.

I then felt how I was carefully placed onto the bed in the cabin where it was a lot warmer than inside the cockpit.

"We're safe now.", I heard Anakin say, while he was covering me with his cloak. I was still very weak and light headed, but the warmth of the fabric and that aromatic scent that suddenly penetrated my nose instantly replaced the stress hormones with serotonin.

After ten minutes of silently lying there, regenerating and coming back to my senses, I slowly stretched out my limbs.

Then I opened my eyes. To my surprise, my gaze met a pair of blue eyes that looked down at my face. Anakin was sitting next to me and must have watched over me while I had been sort of passed out.

"Hi.", he said with a soft voice. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, thanks."

Usually, I would have expected Anakin to make fun of my body, showing signs of weakness. So him caring about my well-being was completely new to me. But of course, it didn't take Anakin long to find a way to criticise me or to make it about himself again.

"You got me worried for a good minute, you know that? Don't do that again." He seemed upset.

"Well, so sorry that you felt bad.", I joked sarcastically.

"It's just that I would have hated to have your dead body on this ship. Corpses start to smell after a while, you know?", Anakin shot back at me. His facial expression had this standard annoyed undertone to it, but after a few seconds the corners of his mouth started twitching, revealing his amusement.

"The smell of a corspe is nothing against the hundred ounces of the so called 'perfume' you willingly pour over yourself every day.", I pulled his cloak off of my body and shoved it up into his face.

"D'you smell that? That. isn't. normal!"

"Mhmmm", Anakin closed his eyes, furrowed his eyebrows and let out a loud and exaggerated moan. This man.

"Anakin!"

I shook my head and then punched his chest when he wouldn't stop.

"Hey! Is that how you should treat your master, Y/N? I don't think so.", he played offended and looked me in the eyes. His were sparkling provocatively.

"Is it appropriate for a master to make such improper sounds with his padawan around? I doubt it.", I challenged him. But it was the truth.

"Come on, Padawan, I was just rightfully endulging in my own scent. I bet you, there are people out there who'd pay to hear that.", he smirked devilishly.

Disgusting.

"You can pay for my therapy if you continue like that!"

Anakin just shrugged. A teethy smile was still on his face.

"That's it? You've got nothing more to say?"

"Oh, I have a lot more things to say, my Padawan, you can trust that. But judging by your recent reactions, I'll kindly spare you the rest.", Anakin replied.

He has a point, I thought.

"You're probably right.", I spoke my thought out aloud. It wasn't a compliment after all.