Ondaria

After Obiwan had lead us to a little conference room in which master Yoda and master Windu were already waiting for us, the mission's details were discussed with us.

"We wanted to approach the overthrow of the ruling queen a little bit differently than launching an offensive as the rebellion intends to do. And the idea is", Obiwan said, "that you two infiltrate the royal palace in order to find out weak points and critical information first. Only then can an offensive be successful."

"Master Kenobi right he is.", Yoda agreed, nodding his head thoughtfully. His paws were resting on the little cane in front of him.

"And how exactly would an inflitration look like?", Anakin wanted to know.
He was standing behind the blue holograph that was portraying Ondaria, the planet that was arbitrarily reigned by an absolute monarch, Queen Kula Terr who stood close to the separatist and who opressed her people.

"You won't like it, Anakin, but since slavery is still a common practice on Ondaria, we wanted to sell you both to the palace: as slaves with special benefits, you could say.", Obiwan announced.

"As what!?", Anakin and I simultaneously asked horrified. I definitely wasn't up for what that implied.

Obiwan cleared his throat. It was obvious that he was embarrassed.

"I apologise, I should have worded this more... carefully. The problem is that there are already enough slaves working in the palace. Hence, there is no real need for another two. But our unique selling point is that you play slaves who have been trained as guards- and with that you fill a niche. Because while you will still do all the things a slave would do to serve the queen, at the same time you are able to protect her if she was to be randomly attacked. How does that plan sound to you?"

I nodded. "Sounds good to me."

Anakin didn't say anything and I couldn't read his face that was shimmering through the holograph opposite me.

"Very well then. The arrangements have already been made. You will leave tomorrow morning. Further details will be discussed on board of the ship that will bring you to the capital of Ondaria.", Windu said and with that ending the short conference.

He and Yoda then said their goodbyes and wished us good luck for the mission. Obiwan, however, stayed behind with us to exchange a few more words. I guess he could feel Anakin disliking the whole idea from how little he said after he had heard the plan's details. Once Yoda and Windu closed the door behind them, Obiwan began to speak.

"What I think is important for you to know, Anakin, is that we didn't choose you for the mission for you to relieve your... well, past life. It's just that you are very valuable for the mission because of the experience you have. It could really make a difference. So don't take it as a punishment please."

"I'm not. And I understand your motives, but that doesn't mean I'm a big fan of it all. I think a surprise attack could have done the job just as well and more importantly it would have been much more efficient. Who knows how much time we will have to spend as slaves in the palast until we find out anything useful?"

I was with Anakin on this one. I much preferred to see the immediate effects of my actions. Like in battle- each decision almost immediately resulted in a consequence, whereas playing slaves for an indefinite amount of time was pretty much the oppsite of that. And Anakin was right- who knew how long it would take until we found something?

"Patience, my friend.", Obiwan said, placing a hand on the shoulder of his former padawan. "The option that brings the fastest results may not always be the best. The people of Ondaria depend on you, so let's not rush them into an ill considered war."