Chapter Fifty Two

"That was straight up impolite

"That was straight up impolite."

Strange always described the Kamar-Taj as a fortress of defence

Strange always described the Kamar-Taj as a fortress of defence. I have to confess... I get it. The New York institute Strange hobbits in doesn't have a dime on this place. Spiralling towers covered in archers, intrinsic alcoves granting access for the army of sorcerers to converge, brick walls stood high enough to withstand an attack. Impressed doesn't being to explain how greatly the structure has blown me away. A low whistle falls from my lips as the masters of the mystic arts raise their shields. Sorting rather rigidly into predetermined regimented ranks.

At the epicentre I notice Wong yelling at someone inside. It must be the woman- I doubt any sorcerers are going to be inside whilst we loom over the fortress. Yet that's not what holds my attention. It's Strange, floating up from the courtyard, with a hard look on his face. Clearly my attendance wasn't known. "I should've guessed she'd enlist you" Strange comments, disappointment lacing his tone "Bad guys stick together, huh?"

Rolling my eyes, I fold my arms "Consider me an unaffiliated third party interest."

"What did she offer you?" Strange persists "A new life because of how much you've royally botched this one?"

"I missed your high then thou arrogance. Left a real hole in my life." I plaster a tight smile on my face "So how about we skip ahead and you just give us over the woman because deep deep deep down you actually have a heart that's grown three sizes." Strange remaining stiffly silent, I turn down the attitude. Strange is a practical man. Acting petty isn't going to help the situation "Strange don't make us hurt anyone. Please."

Just as stern as I, Strange stiffens his shoulders "The full might of Kamar-Taj stands against you."

This seems to irk Wanda, grinding the words out through her teeth "You have... no idea just how reasonable I have been."

"Yeah" Strange scoffs absurdly "Book of the Damned, calling yourself a Witch, conjuring creatures to abduct a person... I don't exactly call that being reasonable."

Despite the strong stance both Wanda and I are presenting I feel my heart drop. Book of the Damned... and I gave it to her. Tilting my gaze aside to her I look Wanda up and down carefully. Billowing red hair halos her red leathered armor dress. Her leathered pants escaping into her boots. Finger tips dark as night as if dipped into ask. She didn't dress for a discussion; she dressed for war.