Chapter Five

"Well, that punches you right in the feels doesn't it

"Well, that punches you right in the feels doesn't it."

"Yeah. What a plot twist."

"What're you going to do now?" Silently I shove aside the plastic into central control which seems to still be blaring from Wanda's off-set exit

"What're you going to do now?" Silently I shove aside the plastic into central control which seems to still be blaring from Wanda's off-set exit. You can't say the girl doesn't know how to make a point. "You have a plan- I can see it", grabbing my arm and pulling me to an abrupt stop at the end of the corridor, Monica looks me dead in the eye "I want in. Whatever it is. I'm in."

Tilting my head curiously, I beg the question "What makes you think I trust you?" Flinching, I ignore the nerve I seem to touch when I persist "You said it yourself she invaded your mind. You've known her for a minute and a half of screen time. Why should I trust you don't have a hidden agenda?"

"Perhaps try taking a leap of faith."

"I'm far from religious."

As if finally understanding Monica relaxes her sharp defensive stance, "You're protective of her. I can respect that-"

"Good to know."

Despite me turning my gaze away, she's not deterred "But I felt her grief. I felt her mourning and I felt her rage." Admittedly I spare Monica a thoughtful glance. Sighing, Monica taps her chest taking a step closer to me "Do I look like someone you can't trust."

No, she doesn't. From the big brown pleading eyes to the determination in her stance. Monica doesn't seem like a threat. "No", I freely admit, shrugging my shoulder's "But if I've learned anything from the past ten years ... it's that trust isn't just given."

With a lookup and down myself, Monica tilts her head a little higher "Does that mean I shouldn't trust you?"

Pursing my lips I merely shrug "Perhaps not." Excusing myself to slip further past Monica I arch my brow at Darcy's stare glued to the screen. Hesitantly, I lean around the monitor and suddenly I'm aware of what's going on. "What. The. Hell" leaning over the desk, I blurt "Does she wanna resurrect everyone on the damn continent?"