Chapter Nineteen

Bucky had this plan stirring in his brain the moment we made the jump to Berlin

Bucky had this plan stirring in his brain the moment we made the jump to Berlin. He needed a meet-up for Zemo after he'd broken from his supermax prison. Apparently, the mechanical workshop is actually owned by Zemo with the tarped back leading into a sparse garage filled with cars. I'm no rev head but even I can identify them as collectibles. "These are mine", Zemo tugs open the trunk, explaining as we wander around "Collected by my family over generations."

Leaning against a cherry red Mustang, I smirk at the way Bucky admires them. Yanking a door open to get a better inspection inside a car with a hung jaw that looks like it might see the second it hits the gravel. A glazed stare of wonderment then his lips part at the spectacle.

"I've spent years hunting people Hydra recruited to recreate the serum because once it's out there someone could create an army of people", Zemo pulls out a duffle of presumable clothes. Leaning his head from the trunk, Zemo sends us a nod "Like the Avengers." Leaning from the trunk with a send duffle, he slams the trunk with a strange sense of elegance "I ended the Winter Soldier program once before. I have no intention of leaving my work unfinished." Long leather jacket with a furry collar hung over his arm, Zemo nods towards the exit "To do this we have to scale a ladder of lowlifes. First, stop a woman named Selby. The middle-level fence I still have a line on. From there, we climb."

{}{}{}

Silently, I pick my nails gazing around Zemo's private jet. Sometimes I forget this man's a Baron. A dynasty is rich as all hell. Or was until we had a mess to clean up. Bucky sat over to my right, sitting as Zemo converses with his private butler, he sends me a subtle tilt of his head.

Yes, I'm not eating anything on this flight.

"You don't know what it's like to be locked in a cell" Zemo sighs over his flute of champagne, a subtly humming when he brightens with a smirk "Oh that's right. You do."

Sam seems to have had enough of the small digs "Alright. Why don't you tell us where we are going."

Waving off Sam, Zemo pulls out the book he's seemed to keep close since his prison break "I'm sorry. I'm just fascinated by this." My brow arching, I stare at the book as if I might just see through it "I don't know what to call it but this part seems to be important. Seamlessly, Zemo unveils the small red book inside I would know from anywhere "Who is Nakajima?"