Chapter Forty Six

"I'm not gonna help you drown your sorrows Addie

"I'm not gonna help you drown your sorrows Addie."

"Then let me marinate"

"Addie you gotta go home

"Addie you gotta go home."

Smacking his hand off my shoulder I glare at Jackson over the bar "I taught you how to use a butterfly knife."

Not at all phased by my slurring, Jackson flings his rag over his shoulder "Yeah well I taught you better manners then this." Throwing the rest of my drink back, Jackson turns to Nic "You wanna help?"

"Not particularly" Nic swirls his drink, smug smirk on his face "I quite missed this."

"She's drunk on heartbreak Nic. Not your personal entertainment-"

"Oh get off your high horse Jacksey-Boy you know that's not what I mean-"

"Can both of you shush?" I roll my eyes, nudging the glass towards Jackson pleadingly as the bar bustles with life behind me.

Taking the glass, Jackson sets it stubbornly behind him "I'm not gonna help you drown your sorrows Addie."

"Then let me marinate" Reaching over the bar I tap my nail on the head of whiskey "Pretty. Pretty. Pretty please with a whiskey on ice?"

"You're not a chicken tender Adeline" Jackson takes away the whiskey from my grasp, sterner then I've ever seen him he sends Nic a look "Take her back to mine. I mean it."

Sighing, Nic tucks his phone into his jacket "Sure." Whether it be spite or entertainment Nice slides his vodka remnants of his drink towards me. My hand eagerly swiping it before Jackson can stop me. "Come on Lumièr" Nic helps me stumble off the bar stool, my legs barley catching me "Let's get you home." My weight leant on Nic, I flip Jackson off over Nic's shoulder. Cut me off- how dare he. I practically invented him the little shit.

Nic tucking me into his side I'm manuvered out the door and away for the bustling streets of the french quarter. Yet as soon as my head spins I shove Nic off me and stumble into an ally. "I'm not going home Nic-"