Chapter Twenty Three

"What happened to the woman who helped people and damned the consequences?"

We arrive back to the townhouse only to be greeted by Sam and Zemo making their exit

We arrive back to the townhouse only to be greeted by Sam and Zemo making their exit. Turns out Sharon does have more tricks up her sleeve and managed to get a step ahead of the information Zemo was holding us, hostage, with. I'm telling you I owe that girl a serious thank you. Although striding up the cobblestone streets I roll my eyes when the voice of John Walker booms, snapping furiously "Karli Morganthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit!"

"Ah!" Bucky drawls a tired sigh, arms thrown out "How'd you find us now?"

"Come on man", Lemar- Battlestar- bounds down the stories of stairs with his partner, a look on his face that's making me think we've seriously underestimated our status out here "You think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?"

Feeling like a scorned child I drag my feet to a stop in the street when the tag team meets us halfway, "No more keeping us in the dark. You can start by telling us who broke him out of prison."

"He did that himself", Bucky shrugs, nudging my shoulder adding "Technically."

Walker doesn't appear to see the amusement in the comment, huffing with rage "Oh this better be an unbelievable explana-"

"Hey take it easy", Sam steps in with a hand shoving Walker's chest, eyeing him back into place "Before this gets weird."

Deciding to speak up, Zemo perks "I know where Karli is."

Zemo makes a move to bypass Walker but clearly, that's not how this scenario went for our new Captain. Smacking a hand against Zemo's chest to stop him, Walker barks "Where?"

"At a memorial", I lean my weight, stepping around Walker "Apparently we aren't above funeral crashing."

Continuing our ascent up the cobblestone street, I hear Lemar mention behind us "That means civilians. High risk of casualties."

"Good", Walker grunts, "We'll move in fast. Take her by surprise."

"No", Sam curtly disagrees with him, "I want to talk with her alone."