Chapter Six

"You think Hayward's pissed her off more?"

"He does seem like the type."

"It doesn't feel right leaving Darcy back there", Jimmy voices from the front seat of the rover we've illegally hijacked from Sword's base camp "Like leaving a puppy in the snake enclosure and praying you'll still find it in the morning

"It doesn't feel right leaving Darcy back there", Jimmy voices from the front seat of the rover we've illegally hijacked from Sword's base camp "Like leaving a puppy in the snake enclosure and praying you'll still find it in the morning."

"You know", I mutter digging into the stolen coat for my phone "That's an excellent analogy."

Ad's call me back.
-Bucky

Hello?
-Bucky

You can't just ignore this. We have to talk about it.
-Bucky

Ad's, I'm stressing. I can't teleport and just find you so can you please answer?
-Bucky

Adeline?
-Bucky

I'm not thinking great things so answer your damn phone! Please!
-Bucky

Adeline!
-Bucky

"Captain Rambeau you might wanna punch it."

"Nobody saw us suspected us leaving the camp-"

"Not talking about Sword here!"

The anxious tone grabbing my attention I lift it and notice Jimmy staring wide-eyed behind me. Admittedly, I take a hesitant second debating my next move before following his stare. Although the sight set behind the rear windshield has me snapping "Monica! Pullover!"

"Are you insane-"

"Pull it over!"

My sharp voice booming through the jeep I grip the headrests as the stolen government vehicle skids to an abrupt stop in the middle of the road. "Adeline!" Monica yells after me when I throw open the back door, flinging myself hastily out "Adeline! What the hell!"

My lips parted I gawk at the Hex that is encroaching towards us, sweeping over tree after tree. Shaking out my hands I stare down the towering barrier that doesn't cease its haste.