Chapter Forty Eight

"I'm really sorry for being so difficult

"I'm really sorry for being so difficult."

"You come from a strong brotherhood of idiots Adeline

"You come from a strong brotherhood of idiots Adeline. Consider being difficult a badge of honour amongst thieves."

"Thieves? You wouldn't know thievery if it bit you in the ass and took you dancing

"Thieves? You wouldn't know thievery if it bit you in the ass and took you dancing."

Daughter. Sister. Avenger

Staring at those words on her headstone hasn't quelled the stir in my heart. Only stokeing the fire in my stomach and tightening the rope around my throat. Images of her falling fog my mind as they have my dreams. Her body at the bottom of a cliff. Not buried in the ground below me. At the mere thought my fingers dig into the ground. Dirt cementing itself under my nails.

"For you I brought the best Vodka twenty bucks could afford form a drug store down the street", I flick the cap off, gently pouring some into a patch of grass by the stone. Far enough it doesn't ruin any other artefacts left for her. Photos framed of girls I don't recognise, bears holding hands with flowers far too recent to be close to dying. "Salute" I cheers her with a small raise of the bottle, cringing as it burns down my dry throat. Setting the bottle on the grass I glare at the head stone. The stupid piece of rock that honours her life. It's funny that whilst i loved him with my entire heart, Tony's been commemorated around the city. Statues, museums, hospitals, gardens. All have been erected in his memory. Nat... she gets a stone in a strange backwards American town where only those who truly knew her will ever find her. A place I only know of because Bruce sent me the location and told me she was commemorated in a place she loved. However, glancing over the photos of young happy girls I would say she meant a whole lot more to someone else then she did me.