Chapter Sixteen

"Look Addie- Can I call you Addie?"

"Not twice."

I carefully watch Bucky running up alongside the truck as Sam swoops overhead with me

I carefully watch Bucky running up alongside the truck as Sam swoops overhead with me. Surveying what is going o below. Bucky barely breaks a sweat sprinting alongside the second truck, flinging himself against the back doors of the truck leading the trek. Bucky tearing open the iron bolted doors, I mention "You know that second truck will be watching right?"

"I'm a hydra trained veteran super solider", Bucky grunts disappearing inside "I can handle a couple of untrained super soldier brats." Breathing heavily in the air I don't care both heard my weighted sigh. Men and their precious egos. For a long moment, I don't hear anything before Bucky advises us "They're stealing medicine it seems." Another moment passes before we hear Bucky greet "Hi."

Waiting a moment, I tell Sam "This doesn't feel right."

"Bucky talks to us", Sam overrides my concern "What's going on."

"Found the hostage." Quietly, I listen to Bucky calmly address who they've snatched into the trucks "You okay? It's quiet for another long drawn second and I couldn't have guessed the direction this would take. Booted from the back of the truck, Bucky scarcely digs his bionic claw into the roof of the second truck. Over the denting of the truck's windshield, Bucky curses "Shit!"

Watching two men in masks clamber out of the driver's doors to haul Bucky up my gaze flickers to the woman we thought to be their hostage. Her bright curling redhead a hard comparison to the black hockey mask she yields over her face. The orange-painted hand nabbing my attention a second longer than it should. Leaping inhumanly onto the second truck I grit my teeth watching her cave her fist over Bucky's face.

"Sam!" I snap, yanking on my fist to break free.

Trucks driving up beside each other, Sam tightens his grip "Redwings got this!" Watching the small red drone close I want to laugh at the small blasts it gives off. The redhead seems to understand too as she leaps into the air, grabs the redwing, and breaks the drone apart over her knee.